ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcel force packages
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
What would be a reasonable guesstimate for the average % of owner-drivers across all of PF?
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Andyajb277 wrote:Out of 100 plus drivers at our depo owner drivers as well not many can do more then 30 stops per hour
Depends on area and volume
Our depo is in a small city compared to London or Birmingham so maybe tighter drops
Also 40 or 50 per hour single parcel drops you must be taking off all screfix rads boilers and all ball ache stuff
wouldnt worry to much on ppl saying they can do x amount per hour.....
i get about an hour free each morning whilst partner does 1 loop for me...
i try to get 30 plus parcels done....its good on lockdown everybody in....
but 1st time a 739 card is wrote....or alot are now lazy and not getting out of bed you soon struggle with time
-
afcdibby
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
The union will not allow more than 20%...…….apparently.SpacePhoenix wrote:What would be a reasonable guesstimate for the average % of owner-drivers across all of PF?
-
afcdibby
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Do you work for Parcelforce?wacko74 wrote:I average around 45-50 an hour in the suburban/semi-rural areas and villages that I coverafcdibby wrote:Really???? How could any Parcelforce driver work at 1 delivery per minute? Achieving 20 deliveries per hour is good going in any housing estate.wacko74 wrote:I did hear that ParcelForce were being offered £22 per hour to deliver 6o pkts per hour, which seems achievable in an urban/suburban area.
I wonder if we'll be offered the same incentive for taking excess work off them?
In an area you're familiar with and usually with multiple parcels for some addresses reducing the overall number of calls, then 60 per hour is perfectly achievable to anyone with a basic standard of competence and intelligence and the incentive of getting £22ph for doing it.
20 per hour on a housing estate would be an absolute piss take.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
I've been doing parcels on an off for over 20 years for Royal Mail and nobody no matter where averages 40-50 parcels an hour.
20 separate drops per hour is not a piss take it's a decent rate.
30 and you've had a lucky hour or two.
40-50 and you can’t count.
20 separate drops per hour is not a piss take it's a decent rate.
30 and you've had a lucky hour or two.
40-50 and you can’t count.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Woody Guthrie wrote:I've been doing parcels on an off for over 20 years for Royal Mail and nobody no matter where averages 40-50 parcels an hour.
20 separate drops per hour is not a piss take it's a decent rate.
30 and you've had a lucky hour or two.
40-50 and you can’t count.
that sums it up perfect.......slightly higher per hour last few weeks cos of lockdown but thats over round here now
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Have you ever done a parcel delivery? I do it every Christmas and 60 per hour is no way achievable even in a compact area. 40 is achievable I think.wacko74 wrote:I did hear that ParcelForce were being offered £22 per hour to deliver 6o pkts per hour, which seems achievable in an urban/suburban area.
I wonder if we'll be offered the same incentive for taking excess work off them?
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Absolutely, 30 at a push if you know the customers and know all the safeplaces.Woody Guthrie wrote:I've been doing parcels on an off for over 20 years for Royal Mail and nobody no matter where averages 40-50 parcels an hour.
20 separate drops per hour is not a piss take it's a decent rate.
30 and you've had a lucky hour or two.
40-50 and you can’t count.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Been doing parcels every Christmas for 20 years and every Saturday so far on this new parcels only Saturdays thing.joewyan wrote:Have you ever done a parcel delivery? I do it every Christmas and 60 per hour is no way achievable even in a compact area. 40 is achievable I think.wacko74 wrote:I did hear that ParcelForce were being offered £22 per hour to deliver 6o pkts per hour, which seems achievable in an urban/suburban area.
I wonder if we'll be offered the same incentive for taking excess work off them?
I'm not saying 60 per hour is achievable in ALL circumstances and ALL areas ALL of the time (I find between around 12-4pm at Christmas time hugely frustrating with literally NOBODY at home)... but in the current circumstances of many people being at home and with the incentive of £22ph for doing it then I certainly think it's achievable in an urban/suburban area you're familiar with IF you've got a decent work ethic and a modicum of competence and organisational ability.
And I still say, 20 per hour on a housing estate (which someone else described as an acceptable level) is an absolute piss take under any circumstances, barring perhaps a new starter in an area they're completely unfamiliar with.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Are you saying 60 parcels or 60 drops. 60 parcels you may be able to do, 60 stops you definitely won't. Over 8 hour delivery span/ day you could do 480, I don't think so !!!!!wacko74 wrote:Been doing parcels every Christmas for 20 years and every Saturday so far on this new parcels only Saturdays thing.joewyan wrote:Have you ever done a parcel delivery? I do it every Christmas and 60 per hour is no way achievable even in a compact area. 40 is achievable I think.wacko74 wrote:I did hear that ParcelForce were being offered £22 per hour to deliver 6o pkts per hour, which seems achievable in an urban/suburban area.
I wonder if we'll be offered the same incentive for taking excess work off them?
I'm not saying 60 per hour is achievable in ALL circumstances and ALL areas ALL of the time (I find between around 12-4pm at Christmas time hugely frustrating with literally NOBODY at home)... but in the current circumstances of many people being at home and with the incentive of £22ph for doing it then I certainly think it's achievable in an urban/suburban area you're familiar with IF you've got a decent work ethic and a modicum of competence and organisational ability.
And I still say, 20 per hour on a housing estate (which someone else described as an acceptable level) is an absolute piss take under any circumstances, barring perhaps a new starter in an area they're completely unfamiliar with.
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Parcel force packages
I had 2 PF parcels yesterday both for same address, clearly too small to be trainers lol. The barcode numbers on them were nothing like our format but even so they scanned OK on the PDA, both requiring an XP1.
Probably the start of integrating the 2 companies together to save the huge cost of running 2 separate companies, something I have never understood as the basic of the 2 companies is the same but with huge double costs involved of different terms, logos, PDA systems etc etc.
Probably the start of integrating the 2 companies together to save the huge cost of running 2 separate companies, something I have never understood as the basic of the 2 companies is the same but with huge double costs involved of different terms, logos, PDA systems etc etc.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
I said originally you'll almost certainly have multiple parcels for one address in some instances, so reducing the overall call rate.grchpo wrote:wacko74 wrote:Are you saying 60 parcels or 60 drops. 60 parcels you may be able to do, 60 stops you definitely won't. Over 8 hour delivery span/ day you could do 480, I don't think so !!!!!joewyan wrote:.wacko74 wrote:I did hear that ParcelForce were being offered £22 per hour to deliver 6o pkts per hour, which seems achievable in an urban/suburban area.
I wonder if we'll be offered the same incentive for taking excess work off them?
I also don't know just how this supposed £22 per hour/60 parcels per hour incentive works. Do PF have 8 hour delivery spans?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Both PF drivers and RM delivery staff are going to have the same problem now, as the lockdown is eased you're going to find an increasing number of items that are either too large to go through the letter box and/or need signing for where the person isn't in.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
Is that above the payment per packet or do they not get that.wacko74 wrote:I did hear that ParcelForce were being offered £22 per hour to deliver 6o pkts per hour, which seems achievable in an urban/suburban area.
I wonder if we'll be offered the same incentive for taking excess work off them?
-
Frankie15
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Parcel force packages
But yet we dont get any incentive payments???? Arnt Parcelforce part of the Royal Mail Group?? Its abit strange them getting extra payment while we dont!!!