ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

' In Flight Redirections '

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by Wednesday »

It was supposed to come in this Friday but has been put back until May 20 at the earliest.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by smartecosse »

Any idea how close the "neighbour" is meant to be for the alternative delivery?

The leaflet just says "impractical".....

I barely have time to try the immediate neighbours let alone half a street away
Parmyarmy25
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by Parmyarmy25 »

smartecosse wrote:Any idea how close the "neighbour" is meant to be for the alternative delivery?

The leaflet just says "impractical".....


I barely have time to try the immediate neighbours let alone half a street away
Posties call if the neighbour isn't close then p739 is my guess
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by sorefeet17 »

Where would the p739 go if you go to the redirected address but still are unable to get any answer there?
mr hil.
Posts: 425
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by mr hil. »

sorefeet17 wrote:Where would the p739 go if you go to the redirected address but still are unable to get any answer there?
The P739 has to go to the original address, you would have been going back there anyway to deliver the "left with neighbour card" if you had successfully delivered the item anyway.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by NewPostieUK »

2yearpostie wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Let me get this straight. I sort my mail and packets for delivery. I load the van. Out on delivery I might get a message telling me to do something different to the already sorted packet? Take it someplace else?

Or am I off route? (meaning am I incorrect)
You scan the item as normal and a message will pop up to deliver to a different address IF IT IS ON ROUTE ONLY.
So I have to keep it until I arrive at the other location, or double back to somewhere I've already been. I can't see this happening.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by ssdd »

You all should know that Rico has been trying to get back to the UK, but the 'in flight redirections' keep diverting his jet back home... :chuckle
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by Seymour Buts »

2yearpostie wrote:ive had training on this, but how does the customer change where its going to be delivered to?
An app. To be honest, this isn't a bad idea and may well lead to less parcels on delivery as they can request it be kept in the callers.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by robbertwhitton »

As ever Royal Mail making a big thing of this as they’ve invented this first,doing what others have been doing for a while no doubt,things that constantly fail on a daily basis can’t be sorted,rounds not going out etc,let’s get the basics done first shall we,then maybe move on and develop products etc,seems a lot of effort and open to failure to me?
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by 97gaz »

robbertwhitton wrote:As ever Royal Mail making a big thing of this as they’ve invented this first,doing what others have been doing for a while no doubt,things that constantly fail on a daily basis can’t be sorted,rounds not going out etc,let’s get the basics done first shall we,then maybe move on and develop products etc,seems a lot of effort and open to failure to me?
I was on the training course for this and it was clear to all us on the course that this was coming in because we were the only delivery company not doing this.
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by Wednesday »

We were told this was starting today.but no one had one or seemed to know anything about it.Tried to log on PDA And got inflight failure message.Anyone know what’s going on?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by fb1969 »

Ours started yesterday, another postie received Safeplace location details when they scanned the item on the doorstep - the Safeplace was 'enclosed front porch' and the house doesn't have one!!

We all got the failure message this morning so it sounds like the system has already crashed :Very Happy
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
xPandabear1992x
Posts: 286
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by xPandabear1992x »

Yeah, only just saw the update on Outdoor today. No training. Got to a door with a tracked which I had scanned walking down the drive. As soon as I got to the door it pinged and said "if not in put in _______ place.

Hadn't known this would be a thing to be honest. So while I stood there all confused the customer's door opened and the parcel was delivered!

Took me by surprise, did that.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by blacov »

I had already one in flight request. Scanned on the door step and got loud message to put it in a safe place (shed). No problem I was gonna do it anyway :crazy:
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

' In Flight Redirections '

Post by twoloops »

Noticed this “In Flight” thing was on my PDA today?