ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Nothing wrong with opting for Mon-Fri. Who wouldn't?
PS, overtime of any kind (SA) is NOT compulsory. Obviously. We're not in the bloody army during a war ffs!
PS, overtime of any kind (SA) is NOT compulsory. Obviously. We're not in the bloody army during a war ffs!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
The union advised everyone to refuse any rota changes and stay with what they had. We should all do that.
It is a trial to provide data for RM so they can attack the USO. Don't help them achieve this.
Hopefully it will end soon as it isn't helping us do the job. It will likely run the full six weeks I expect though.
Regarding summer lapsing the additional annual leave has been allocated so we can't go back on it. I agree with the social distancing, lack of vans, and Xmas levels of mail most days of the week it will be like hell on earth. Best we can hope for is that the ' R ' number falls below 0.5 then Boris can loosen the restrictions further or nearly completely. Otherwise I despair for the remainder of 2020.
It is a trial to provide data for RM so they can attack the USO. Don't help them achieve this.
Hopefully it will end soon as it isn't helping us do the job. It will likely run the full six weeks I expect though.
Regarding summer lapsing the additional annual leave has been allocated so we can't go back on it. I agree with the social distancing, lack of vans, and Xmas levels of mail most days of the week it will be like hell on earth. Best we can hope for is that the ' R ' number falls below 0.5 then Boris can loosen the restrictions further or nearly completely. Otherwise I despair for the remainder of 2020.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Our DOM did explain to me why some offices have SA on Saturdays but I have forgotten what he said. We only have SA for evening collections, early IPS, and for the extended at Xmas.rambo1 wrote:Thought we went to 5day week like 15 yrs ago if I remember?da'bunny wrote:How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
But Pullinger said he has a letter from Rico signed and sealed by all them saying it's only temp so what's to worry about? Surely if Pullinger didn't believe Rico then he wouldn't have SIGNED it?Chelseablue wrote:Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Don't forget it's apparently legally binding....smok3y666 wrote:But Pullinger said he has a letter from Rico signed and sealed by all them saying it's only temp so what's to worry about? Surely if Pullinger didn't believe Rico then he wouldn't have SIGNED it?Chelseablue wrote:Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff
Only dead fish follow the current
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Do you believe pullinger or rico??smok3y666 wrote:But Pullinger said he has a letter from Rico signed and sealed by all them saying it's only temp so what's to worry about? Surely if Pullinger didn't believe Rico then he wouldn't have SIGNED it?Chelseablue wrote:Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
I gave up an SA day off the DOM said ok it finishes in a month.Woody Guthrie wrote:SA is not compulsory in any office, there is no compulsory overtime in Royal Mail.da'bunny wrote:How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
You have to sign an undertaking and you can cancel at one month's notice.
It says so in the SA agreement
If personal or business circumstances change, and undertaking may be terminated within annual period by the giving of one month's notice by either Royal Mail or the employee.
I said what happens if i don't turn up?
He said you're banned from OT for a month
I said ok consider me banned for the four weeks i'm not doing it anyway.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Don’t know about the rest of you but there’s no option about it - the rota goes up, sometimes you are working the Saturday, sometimes not.
Perhaps different for FT staff on set rounds with a set day off, they can put a stand against it if they wish but for me (PT) I get a rolling day off. Nothing has changed since day 1. I do the work I’m given in the hours I’m contracted to work and if I can’t complete (near impossible on a 5 hour day) I agree to the overtime or use the overrunning procedure.
As for my own thoughts on Mon-Fri, I’ll take any shift pattern as long as I keep my job.
Perhaps different for FT staff on set rounds with a set day off, they can put a stand against it if they wish but for me (PT) I get a rolling day off. Nothing has changed since day 1. I do the work I’m given in the hours I’m contracted to work and if I can’t complete (near impossible on a 5 hour day) I agree to the overtime or use the overrunning procedure.
As for my own thoughts on Mon-Fri, I’ll take any shift pattern as long as I keep my job.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
No, not at our office, we retained permanent Saturday SA :(rambo1 wrote:Thought we went to 5day week like 15 yrs ago if I remember?da'bunny wrote:How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Explain permanent sa please??da'bunny wrote:No, not at our office, we retained permanent Saturday SA :(rambo1 wrote:Thought we went to 5day week like 15 yrs ago if I remember?da'bunny wrote:How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Who gets to decide whos lazy or got a medical condition. And if it's pointless in arguing over working conditions why don't you go work for Amazon or Hermes ect. What's pointlessly confrontational in YOUR opinion.redneck wrote:So you won't be at risk yourself then? Exactly the attitude.Fdeezy wrote:The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.
Discuss.
-
Fdeezy
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 28 Jul 2019, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Working conditions are one thing - arguing about how many loops you need to leave and then meandering about so that you don't get back too early is common practice (in my office at least) and causing unnecessary strain to everyone involved.Navalron wrote: Who gets to decide whos lazy or got a medical condition. And if it's pointless in arguing over working conditions why don't you go work for Amazon or Hermes ect. What's pointlessly confrontational in YOUR opinion.
It's no secret that there are lazy posties, there are lazy people in every industry. Surely the union man should be sticking up for the part timers being vilified for making a living? I was not asked to stop working Saturdays. I am not selfish or killing the job because I'm not organising a coup over it, nor because I work over. If you think that my post was pointlessly confrontational then okay. Enjoy your day. I'm sure I will.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
Anyone else hate that word .. discuss
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.
I mean that the SA is permanently on a Saturday no other day of the week. So we work Mon-Fri and HAVE to work the SA on Saturday. There is no opt out option as there are not enough people in the office who want a rotating day off :(aiden01 wrote:Explain permanent sa please??da'bunny wrote:No, not at our office, we retained permanent Saturday SA :(rambo1 wrote:Thought we went to 5day week like 15 yrs ago if I remember?da'bunny wrote:How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.