Is it not any changes to your attendance pattern?TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New agreement ?
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
-
Frankie15
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
I'll comment as much as I like mate, don't comment if you can't comprehend the sarcasm.worktotime wrote:read the agreement mate , any changes is VOLUNTARY , don't comment mate if you don't understand .Pathfinder wrote:You mean to say once I've got own round I can't be made to do anything else?
I always thought they can make you do anything they need you to do
I actually have my own round and get taken off it often, this has always happened (in our office anyway)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
Yep, everyone has at the bottom of their 318 a bit that reads something like "or as directed"Frankie15 wrote:I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
I don't think so and I will be saving £3.50 a week from non CWU fees.Cucumber wrote:minus the mail though, so it can't be the same as every other day.worktotime wrote:the same way as every other day mate in a lwt . so it that not an agreed way of working ?Cucumber wrote:Wait, so you are a non driver but want to deliver parcels on a Saturday?worktotime wrote:well that's up to you but do you benefit from doing so ? the big deal is I push bike out mon - fri to work with my p&l partner but on a Saturday im going to be s**t on as a non driver doing whatever , and they expect my mate to try or attempt to do both dutys worth of parcels or if not mop the s**t up on a Monday or have a f***ing argument to finish on time .endofdays1982 wrote:i got took off my duty a few times not on a saturday other days, whats the big deal?
How will the parcels get to you?
I suggest you drop the insults and maybe read up on operational needs.
The reason vans are being sent out with packets is that they can cover a far greater area far more efficiently.
You'll likely be tasked with indoor prep work for the next week.
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 10:03, edited 2 times in total.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
that's fine then when all this shite is over , lets see what others think when they are pushed from pillar to post everyday , royal mails great plan .Frankie15 wrote:I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
New agreement ?
There is every chance that if 2 people went out on a shared van duty with packets only then they would be finished very early some other duties would end up getting shafted with nobody on them.worktotime wrote:f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced
If you are not willing to change the way of working then I suggest you stop cycling to the start of your duty.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
and I will say again do you benefit from doing so ?Pathfinder wrote:I'll comment as much as I like mate, don't comment if you can't comprehend the sarcasm.worktotime wrote:read the agreement mate , any changes is VOLUNTARY , don't comment mate if you don't understand .Pathfinder wrote:You mean to say once I've got own round I can't be made to do anything else?
I always thought they can make you do anything they need you to do
I actually have my own round and get taken off it often, this has always happened (in our office anyway)
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
New agreement ?
seems there is disagreement over the rule here...
So what happens if you are moved from your own signed for duty which is completable within time 95% of the time to a duty that is ridiculously big and 90% of the time you finish late... and you have been designated this ridiculous duty throughout this virus mayhem which for all we know could last another 6 months, 12 months+...
You say you can't complete it, your performance comes into question by DOM / management, you would go over your time and claim excess, but they are refusing excess...
You hate this duty....you don't want to be on it, you want to be left alone on your duty and not have your performance questioned....
Do you just have to live with it?
My concern would be, what if it is decided we permanently go to 1 man in a van........ what happens then, is your signed duty gone forever and you are now on X duty that is ridiculously huge.
If there is some 'as directed' rule, where is the line drawn, or is there no line and you can be forever moved to some total and utter rotten egg of a job?
So what happens if you are moved from your own signed for duty which is completable within time 95% of the time to a duty that is ridiculously big and 90% of the time you finish late... and you have been designated this ridiculous duty throughout this virus mayhem which for all we know could last another 6 months, 12 months+...
You say you can't complete it, your performance comes into question by DOM / management, you would go over your time and claim excess, but they are refusing excess...
You hate this duty....you don't want to be on it, you want to be left alone on your duty and not have your performance questioned....
Do you just have to live with it?
My concern would be, what if it is decided we permanently go to 1 man in a van........ what happens then, is your signed duty gone forever and you are now on X duty that is ridiculously huge.
If there is some 'as directed' rule, where is the line drawn, or is there no line and you can be forever moved to some total and utter rotten egg of a job?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
no im not asking for a flyer and will work my hours as we do , but I feel as thought I am be discriminated against as a non driver , as they allow other paired dutys to go out and do there own dutys first in separate vans , so does that sound right ?Cucumber wrote:There is every chance that if 2 people went out on a shared van duty with packets only then they would be finished very early some other duties would end up getting shafted with nobody on them.worktotime wrote:f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced
If you are not willing to change the way of working then I suggest you stop cycling to the start of your duty.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
not in this agreement what royal mail have thrown in , by executive action by the way .SpacePhoenix wrote:Yep, everyone has at the bottom of their 318 a bit that reads something like "or as directed"Frankie15 wrote:I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
There doesn't need to be any agreement to move you, you're employed as directed & management can move you wherever & whenever they like within your DO.worktotime wrote:Hi can any CWU reps tell me if there is a new agreement with royal mail that posties can be REMOVED off there permanent duty ? during this farce of Saturday working ? , as I was told there is a new agreement , and to be honest this s**t should have never been allowed to be brought in so never find a way to f**k posties around , and if this is true I will be pulling my membership \as will a few more , so any help would be appreciated .
The only objections you could have would be if your start/finish times were changing on short notice or if they tried to send you to another DO.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
New agreement ?
I'd look at it more like utilising drivers to cover a larger area more efficiently on packet only days, rather than discriminating against non drivers.worktotime wrote:no im not asking for a flyer and will work my hours as we do , but I feel as thought I am be discriminated against as a non driver , as they allow other paired dutys to go out and do there own dutys first in separate vans , so does that sound right ?Cucumber wrote:There is every chance that if 2 people went out on a shared van duty with packets only then they would be finished very early some other duties would end up getting shafted with nobody on them.worktotime wrote:f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced
If you are not willing to change the way of working then I suggest you stop cycling to the start of your duty.
I suppose a fair compromise could be for you to say to manager that you are not happy with moving, but you want assured that at least a very high % of the parcels will be completed before the next time you are on it. If a lot of work gets left for the first day you are next on it, you simply point to that as a reason why you won't be able to complete.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
New agreement ?
been down that road .norris9 wrote:seems there is disagreement over the rule here...
So what happens if you are moved from your own signed for duty which is completable within time 95% of the time to a duty that is ridiculously big and 90% of the time you finish late... and you have been designated this ridiculous duty throughout this virus mayhem which for all we know could last another 6 months, 12 months+...
You say you can't complete it, your performance comes into question by DOM / management, you would go over your time and claim excess, but they are refusing excess...
You hate this duty....you don't want to be on it, you want to be left alone on your duty and not have your performance questioned....
Do you just have to live with it?
My concern would be, what if it is decided we permanently go to 1 man in a van........ what happens then, is your signed duty gone forever and you are now on X duty that is ridiculously huge.
If there is some 'as directed' rule, where is the line drawn, or is there no line and you can be forever moved to some total and utter rotten egg of a job?
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.