ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rico

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Rico

Post by k979aaa »

1560loopsayear wrote:Two full-timers sharing two walks can jump on their frames after their breaks and have them bagged-up and walking out the door to load up the van when Two part-timers sharing two walks are just coming in to start their shift - putting them a good hour or more behind the full timers, but are still expected to clear the same volume of work and finish at the same time. How does that work out? As long as this keep happening their will be no harmony and 'we're all in this together' between staff. Probably just what Royal Mail want. We need mandatory re-picks were two walk duties shared can only have 1 full-timer paired with 1 part-timer... and clock-in/out cards.
That is how it is meant to be but you get managers who cannot manage and DOM'S who cannot staff the office because of bonus or budget constraints and diktat from above by fly by night CEO's we don't need tools to keep us in work we just don't need tool's in charge of us!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I think we can all agree that the present system is a total cock up, and really needs sorting out. :hmmmm However it suits Royal Mail to Divide and Conquer .... it suits Lazy Managers to allow Ghosting Overtime (which TBH I thought was a thing of the past) .... it suits the CWU to Turn a Blind Eye, and pretend it's all OK ..... and it suits some Greedy Fellow Posties to take the piss at the expense of their PT Colleagues. :thumbdown

I have very little faith that the situation is likely to improve with so many different Delivery Offices, and each one having it's own particular way of working. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by HA1 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I think we can all agree that the present system is a total cock up, and really needs sorting out. :hmmmm However it suits Royal Mail to Divide and Conquer .... it suits Lazy Managers to allow Ghosting Overtime (which TBH I thought was a thing of the past) .... it suits the CWU to Turn a Blind Eye, and pretend it's all OK ..... and it suits some Greedy Fellow Posties to take the piss at the expense of their PT Colleagues. :thumbdown

I have very little faith that the situation is likely to improve with so many different Delivery Offices, and each one having it's own particular way of working. :cuppa

Spot on

Lets forget about all this talk of standing together. The majority only look after themselves, and would shaft a fellow postie for a few extra pounds
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by hero22 »

1560loopsayear wrote:Two full-timers sharing two walks can jump on their frames after their breaks and have them bagged-up and walking out the door to load up the van when Two part-timers sharing two walks are just coming in to start their shift - putting them a good hour or more behind the full timers, but are still expected to clear the same volume of work and finish at the same time. How does that work out? As long as this keep happening their will be no harmony and 'we're all in this together' between staff. Probably just what Royal Mail want. We need mandatory re-picks were two walk duties shared can only have 1 full-timer paired with 1 part-timer... and clock-in/out cards.
The two full timers would not both be prepping the frame. One prepping and one doing something else. The part timer coming in later should come in to a frame ready to go. If its not its up them to sort it out with management. Its not the full timers fault. How do the frames get prepped, parcels sorted, ips done etc, think some part timers seem to think this happens magically. Also I was part time for a long time before full time contract but that's the job I applied for. There's no point accepting a part time contract and then complaining about it.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by Ren Hoëk »

It's seems the main point of contention is part timers are walking the same amount as full timers. As others have said. Full timers are doing other things. Indoor work. Prepping two walks when their partner works the IPS. The Part timers in our office start later everyday and are given more time on their own frames with less IPS time. That's where the time is saved. Not outdoors and it works out.

What the f**k any of this has to do with Rico f***ing off I don't know.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by HTPostman »

Ren Hoëk wrote:It's seems the main point of contention is part timers are walking the same amount as full timers. As others have said. Full timers are doing other things. Indoor work. Prepping two walks when their partner works the IPS. The Part timers in our office start later everyday and are given more time on their own frames with less IPS time. That's where the time is saved. Not outdoors and it works out.

What the f**k any of this has to do with Rico f***ing off I don't know.
I don’t think it’s just that - 99% of PT staff would not have an issue if they were just doing their 25 hours.

In our office it’s the fact most FT are very militant, won’t work over their time (and majority if they want to are able to finish before their time). Most PT staff here are doing more hours than their FT counterparts. Yes I know overtime is voluntary but when you have new PT staff, some of whom are in their first job after education, they aren’t going to stand up to the DOM.

It doesn’t matter if the hours are indoors, outdoors, upstairs, downstairs, they are still working hours as set out by RM.

So you have an absurd situation where someone working 38 hours a week is receiving more money than someone working 40+ hours a week. Only in Royal Mail.

However like I’ve said a few times the bonus doesn’t bother me, I look at it as £130 gained not £70 lost. I’m more fussed about the holiday pay situation being solved - I’m owed in excess of 100 hours!
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by Ren Hoëk »

HTPostman wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:It's seems the main point of contention is part timers are walking the same amount as full timers. As others have said. Full timers are doing other things. Indoor work. Prepping two walks when their partner works the IPS. The Part timers in our office start later everyday and are given more time on their own frames with less IPS time. That's where the time is saved. Not outdoors and it works out.

What the f**k any of this has to do with Rico f***ing off I don't know.
I don’t think it’s just that - 99% of PT staff would not have an issue if they were just doing their 25 hours.

In our office it’s the fact most FT are very militant, won’t work over their time (and majority if they want to are able to finish before their time). Most PT staff here are doing more hours than their FT counterparts. Yes I know overtime is voluntary but when you have new PT staff, some of whom are in their first job after education, they aren’t going to stand up to the DOM.

It doesn’t matter if the hours are indoors, outdoors, upstairs, downstairs, they are still working hours as set out by RM.

So you have an absurd situation where someone working 38 hours a week is receiving more money than someone working 40+ hours a week. Only in Royal Mail.

However like I’ve said a few times the bonus doesn’t bother me, I look at it as £130 gained not £70 lost. I’m more fussed about the holiday pay situation being solved - I’m owed in excess of 100 hours!
I still don't understand your beef. How can you blame FT staff for being able to stick up for themselves. PT staff have the same employment rights and if our office is anything to go by the FT staff would have been young on the job as well considering how long they have been here. Plenty of them also get walked all over as well. It's nothing to do with FT/PT. Also, If you work 40 hours then you will be paid more than a 38 hour FT'er working their hours.

Now, I understand the frustration of routinely doing OT and not having your contract made up. That's something that should be looked at and there are guidelines on that. BUT, Ultimately, You took a job that stated 25 hour contract. The holiday situation is also s**t but still, you ultimately took a 25 hour contract. I was on 32 hours for 10 years before I managed to get made up. It's frustrating but it's not FT'ers faults. People need to direct their ire elsewhere.

This thread needs to be renamed. This has nothing to do with Rico.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by HTPostman »

Ren Hoëk wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:It's seems the main point of contention is part timers are walking the same amount as full timers. As others have said. Full timers are doing other things. Indoor work. Prepping two walks when their partner works the IPS. The Part timers in our office start later everyday and are given more time on their own frames with less IPS time. That's where the time is saved. Not outdoors and it works out.

What the f**k any of this has to do with Rico f***ing off I don't know.
I don’t think it’s just that - 99% of PT staff would not have an issue if they were just doing their 25 hours.

In our office it’s the fact most FT are very militant, won’t work over their time (and majority if they want to are able to finish before their time). Most PT staff here are doing more hours than their FT counterparts. Yes I know overtime is voluntary but when you have new PT staff, some of whom are in their first job after education, they aren’t going to stand up to the DOM.

It doesn’t matter if the hours are indoors, outdoors, upstairs, downstairs, they are still working hours as set out by RM.

So you have an absurd situation where someone working 38 hours a week is receiving more money than someone working 40+ hours a week. Only in Royal Mail.

However like I’ve said a few times the bonus doesn’t bother me, I look at it as £130 gained not £70 lost. I’m more fussed about the holiday pay situation being solved - I’m owed in excess of 100 hours!
I still don't understand your beef. How can you blame FT staff for being able to stick up for themselves. PT staff have the same employment rights and if our office is anything to go by the FT staff would have been young on the job as well considering how long they have been here. Plenty of them also get walked all over as well. It's nothing to do with FT/PT. Also, If you work 40 hours then you will be paid more than a 38 hour FT'er working their hours.

Now, I understand the frustration of routinely doing OT and not having your contract made up. That's something that should be looked at and there are guidelines on that. BUT, Ultimately, You took a job that stated 25 hour contract. The holiday situation is also s**t but still, you ultimately took a 25 hour contract. I was on 32 hours for 10 years before I managed to get made up. It's frustrating but it's not FT'ers faults. People need to direct their ire elsewhere.

This thread needs to be renamed. This has nothing to do with Rico.
I’m not blaming FT staff, just pointing out why PT staff might be irked. As I have said numerous times I have no beef against FT staff when it comes to hours. My only ‘beef’ against FTers is when they use underhand tactics against those they believe lower than them.

While I shouldn’t have brought up the holiday pay in this thread, it’s not a simple case of I signed a 25 hour contract so lump it. I am legally entitled to receive my average pay while on holiday, no arguments. If RM deducted 30% of your pay every time you had a week off I wouldn’t say ‘well you signed the contract.’ Anyway eventually holiday pay will be resolved and ironically the money RM will have to pay out in my opinion will lead to financial problems and job losses.

Once again for the record I am happy to receive £130 bonus. And I’m glad Rico has gone.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Rico

Post by Chelseablue »

Get a ft job somewhere where youlle be happy rather than blame everyone else.
Fdeezy
Posts: 48
Joined: 28 Jul 2019, 21:12
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by Fdeezy »

Chelseablue wrote:Get a ft job somewhere where youlle be happy rather than blame everyone else.
I didn't like my old job, so I got a new one. Easy. If only some of the 'old timers' knew how easy it is to do...

(I don't care that Rico has gone. The king is dead, long live the king.)
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Rico

Post by FirstPost »

HTPostman wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:It's seems the main point of contention is part timers are walking the same amount as full timers. As others have said. Full timers are doing other things. Indoor work. Prepping two walks when their partner works the IPS. The Part timers in our office start later everyday and are given more time on their own frames with less IPS time. That's where the time is saved. Not outdoors and it works out.

What the f**k any of this has to do with Rico f***ing off I don't know.
I don’t think it’s just that - 99% of PT staff would not have an issue if they were just doing their 25 hours.

In our office it’s the fact most FT are very militant, won’t work over their time (and majority if they want to are able to finish before their time). Most PT staff here are doing more hours than their FT counterparts. Yes I know overtime is voluntary but when you have new PT staff, some of whom are in their first job after education, they aren’t going to stand up to the DOM.

It doesn’t matter if the hours are indoors, outdoors, upstairs, downstairs, they are still working hours as set out by RM.

So you have an absurd situation where someone working 38 hours a week is receiving more money than someone working 40+ hours a week. Only in Royal Mail.

However like I’ve said a few times the bonus doesn’t bother me, I look at it as £130 gained not £70 lost. I’m more fussed about the holiday pay situation being solved - I’m owed in excess of 100 hours!
I still don't understand your beef. How can you blame FT staff for being able to stick up for themselves. PT staff have the same employment rights and if our office is anything to go by the FT staff would have been young on the job as well considering how long they have been here. Plenty of them also get walked all over as well. It's nothing to do with FT/PT. Also, If you work 40 hours then you will be paid more than a 38 hour FT'er working their hours.

Now, I understand the frustration of routinely doing OT and not having your contract made up. That's something that should be looked at and there are guidelines on that. BUT, Ultimately, You took a job that stated 25 hour contract. The holiday situation is also s**t but still, you ultimately took a 25 hour contract. I was on 32 hours for 10 years before I managed to get made up. It's frustrating but it's not FT'ers faults. People need to direct their ire elsewhere.

This thread needs to be renamed. This has nothing to do with Rico.
I’m not blaming FT staff, just pointing out why PT staff might be irked. As I have said numerous times I have no beef against FT staff when it comes to hours. My only ‘beef’ against FTers is when they use underhand tactics against those they believe lower than them.

While I shouldn’t have brought up the holiday pay in this thread, it’s not a simple case of I signed a 25 hour contract so lump it. I am legally entitled to receive my average pay while on holiday, no arguments. If RM deducted 30% of your pay every time you had a week off I wouldn’t say ‘well you signed the contract.’ Anyway eventually holiday pay will be resolved and ironically the money RM will have to pay out in my opinion will lead to financial problems and job losses.

Once again for the record I am happy to receive £130 bonus. And I’m glad Rico has gone.
25hrs receive £130?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by daveyeff »

probably based on the £200 being for a full timer on 38 hrs. so 25 will be about £130.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Rico

Post by Chelseablue »

Fdeezy see how you feel after 30 years doing this and get back to me
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Rico

Post by clashcityrocker »

Chelseablue wrote:Get a ft job somewhere where youlle be happy rather than blame everyone else.
If you don't like the job just leave.
Now imagine a manager talking to you like that? That's how you sound to me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Rico

Post by themailman »

.
Last edited by themailman on 02 Apr 2023, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.