Wazer your post stated;wazer wrote:I seen facebook,still think it wrong.How many staff full time compared to part time.So Anything less than 39 hrs( correct me if wrong) is part time.As for being off with isolation,yes some did and r taking piss, but lots came back to work who were takng governent advice.The publuc think we all get 200. As i said im grateful as i thought we get nothing.i suppose with employee who did his job s**t and still got a Mill we cant complain!!!!!!!
."Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal."
So prior to the facebook video the CWU sent a letter to Achim Dunnwald,Chief Transformation & Strategy Officer, on 14th April 2020.
Edit of that letter;
"....Against that backdrop I would like to propose that in recognition of the work done since April 2019 and the outstanding effort shown during this crisis by all Royal Mail Group employees, a just and fair reward would be a straight one year above inflation pay award increase on all aspects of pay backdated to the 1st April 2020. Not only would this be a genuine thank you for all that our members have and continue to do, but it would also enable the space for us to continue our dispute resolution talks without the added pressure of an unresolved pay award.
I am sure you will have noted that many key worker employers have offered their employees a one-off payment in recognition for their efforts working on the frontline during this crisis and I would welcome your thoughts on making such a gesture to all Royal Mail Group employees."
I suppose some would say why did the gesture not come directly from Royal Mail rather than the union feeling obliged to request financial recognition on behalf of the members & also to the benefit of non members.