GRS wrote:I know this may not be a popular thought but as a F/T I would be willing to drop my bonus down by a few quid (say £180) so that P/T get brought up to the same amount and then we all get the same!
If we truly had each other’s backs, each DO would pool together all the bonuses whether it’s £200 or £130 then split it equally. Wouldn’t be a huge difference money wise but would be a tremendous gesture which won’t be forgotten.
In my area of the DO for example there’s 19 duties with I believe 15 FT. Assuming the 15 FT get £200 and the 4 PT get £130 (not sure exactly how much exactly it is) that works out £185 each. So a FT would lose the equivalent of just over an hour pay whereas a PT would get the equivalent of a days pay, to some of them it would make a big difference.
Won’t happen I know but it’s nice thought :-)
Nice idea but we shouldn't have to come up with nice ideas like this.
Our employer should recognise the hard work and dedication that all employees have shown these last few weeks, especially with regards to the fact that the vast majority of PT'ers will have been working over their contracted hours
GRS wrote:I know this may not be a popular thought but as a F/T I would be willing to drop my bonus down by a few quid (say £180) so that P/T get brought up to the same amount and then we all get the same!
If we truly had each other’s backs, each DO would pool together all the bonuses whether it’s £200 or £130 then split it equally. Wouldn’t be a huge difference money wise but would be a tremendous gesture which won’t be forgotten.
In my area of the DO for example there’s 19 duties with I believe 15 FT. Assuming the 15 FT get £200 and the 4 PT get £130 (not sure exactly how much exactly it is) that works out £185 each. So a FT would lose the equivalent of just over an hour pay whereas a PT would get the equivalent of a days pay, to some of them it would make a big difference.
Won’t happen I know but it’s nice thought :-)
Nice idea but we shouldn't have to come up with nice ideas like this.
Our employer should recognise the hard work and dedication that all employees have shown these last few weeks, especially with regards to the fact that the vast majority of PT'ers will have been working over their contracted hours
True. I’m trying not to get worked up about it - at best I thought we’d get some free stamps each. I look at it as £130 gained. Everyone is in a different situation though and I completely understand that £70 could make a big difference to some.
Anyway I hope we all come out this the other side with our health.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No one and I mean no one should tell ANYONE to "f**k off" on this site. If anyone does this repeatedly then they will be kicked from the site.
I get you might be upset but if you want an echo chamber of people always agreeing with each other then this site isn't for you. So keep it civil and play nicely.
Totally agree. There’s room for everyone’s opinion and questions to be asked in a manner which needs to be respected.
Not everyone will agree with each other but honest debate doesn’t need hostility and abuse in response
Is the £200 minus tax ,minus having no choice to self isolate, minus pro rata a sweetener for uncertain times ahead ? Great were getting something but it is peanuts after all the minuses mentioned. Prob works out about £2 a day for a huge risk , doms bonus will be?
Nice to have something than nothing.Shoukd b the same bonus right across the board.Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal.
wazer wrote:Nice to have something than nothing.Shoukd b the same bonus right across the board.Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal.
I seen facebook,still think it wrong.How many staff full time compared to part time.So Anything less than 39 hrs( correct me if wrong) is part time.As for being off with isolation,yes some did and r taking piss, but lots came back to work who were takng governent advice.The publuc think we all get 200. As i said im grateful as i thought we get nothing.i suppose with employee who did his job s**t and still got a Mill we cant complain!!!!!!!
wazer wrote:Nice to have something than nothing.Shoukd b the same bonus right across the board.Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal.
wazer wrote:I seen facebook,still think it wrong.How many staff full time compared to part time.So Anything less than 39 hrs( correct me if wrong) is part time.As for being off with isolation,yes some did and r taking piss, but lots came back to work who were takng governent advice.The publuc think we all get 200. As i said im grateful as i thought we get nothing.i suppose with employee who did his job s**t and still got a Mill we cant complain!!!!!!!
Anything less than 38 hours is partime unless you started in the last two years in which you will have a full time contract of 35 Hours hope that clears it up a bit.