ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Left handed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Left handed

Post by Murdoch »

I write with my left hand. But I just throw in with my right hand cause it's easier. I'd never really considered that it might feel weird for people that do everything left-handed. I think I've developed a certain level of ambidextrousness because almost everything is setup for right-handers.

I can post mail with either to be honest, neither feels uncomfortable. But mostly it's setup with houses on your right hand side, so I just use my right.
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Left handed

Post by world class male »

Ringer21 wrote:Worked for Royal Mail for 20 years I'm left handed never been a problem now the new manager is telling me I should be quicker throwing my trays in and to start using my right hand it takes me a out 13 mins to throw a full tray in any suggestions
sounds a bit sinister this
i'm right handed but left footed, this explains why i'm quick out of the office and last back :left:

tell the manager to put his request on a hand written letter using his left hand, then pass it around the office for all to have a laugh at