ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

lost van key

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by HA1 »

Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not
Startingover
Posts: 48
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by Startingover »

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not

A bit harsh? Everyone loses something at one time or another. I'm sure you will have experienced that at sometime in the past, or heaven forbid, in the future.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by Seymour Buts »

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not
I'd imagine it's what is known as a mistake.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by aiden01 »

Seymour Buts wrote:
HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not
I'd imagine it's what is known as a mistake.
Don't worry he is a troll.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by hero22 »

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not

How pathetic your life must be to come on here and ruin every topic you reply too. Sad for you
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

lost van key

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not
I am watching you. Rember what I said in one of your incarnations. When people ask for advice, they don't want a judgemental troll castigating them.

You get closer, each post that ignores my advice, to needing another sock.


By the way, managers should find in expectable; otherwise, they can't plan for when it does happen.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by HA1 »

I thought in this free country there is a thing called free speech.

But some on here think they can bully and try to intimidate people into not speaking their opinion.

If certain people cant except free speech they should have a hard look in the mirror and not be on here.

This will probably be my last post as I will be banned by a certain person. If I am it is a poor reflection of this person and their reason for being on the site.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by robbertwhitton »

So where did you loose it???? DOH!!sorry joke alert,start an investigation? Well that should take up some valuable time and achieve what?its happened it’s no biggy in the current climate,but then I’m not a manager who’s no doubt accountable to god knows who,good luck
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

lost van key

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

HA1 wrote:I thought in this free country there is a thing called free speech.
There is, and there are also laws on hate speech. However, extra to that is an agreement you accepted when you joined that you would follow the rules of this community. We have various threads on what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour, and I have addressed individual posts that transgressed the rules and ethos of RMC, so you are fully aware of them.
HA1 wrote:But some on here think they can bully and try to intimidate people into not speaking their opinion.
Opinions are fine as long as the way you post them follows the rules and ethos of RMC. When posters ask for advice either give them that advice in that thread or start a new thread where you can share your opinion on what should happen if.......
This is the one you fail to grasp in every sock account that gets banned, they are easy to spot, members call you a troll.
HA1 wrote:If certain people can't except free speech they should have a hard look in the mirror and not be on here.
If certain people think free speech should have no barriers at all then perhaps they should leave the UK. Free speech in any community, online and real-world, will always have limits, if you can't stick to those limits, then I agree perhaps you should not be on here.
HA1 wrote:This will probably be my last post as I will be banned by a certain person. If I am it is a poor reflection of this person and their reason for being on the site.
Up to this point today, you have done nothing that needs addressing beyond where it has been already, so there is no need to ban you. I can't ban you for this post as criticising me is not reason enough, nor should it be. Also, you won't be banned if, from this point on you follow the rules, it really is that simple.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

lost van key

Post by clashcityrocker »

Maybe at 8pm we should go out and applaud TBT who now appears to have the patience of a saint.
If I was a moderator there would only be about 6 people I would allow to post ...and I wouldn't be one of them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by postslippete »

If I was the OP that had lost the van key and was facing an investigation I would pay up out of my own pocket to get a copy of the original van key if possible. I believe Timpsons can do this for around a tenner.

This would show two things,one,that it was a genuine mistake,and two,that you are willing to put things right. If you had lost your car or door keys,this is what you would do,right?
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by yellowbelly »

postslippete wrote:If I was the OP that had lost the van key and was facing an investigation I would pay up out of my own pocket to get a copy of the original van key if possible. I believe Timpsons can do this for around a tenner.

This would show two things,one,that it was a genuine mistake,and two,that you are willing to put things right. If you had lost your car or door keys,this is what you would do,right?
I would do that myself, but playing devils advocate here we don't know enough about the circumstances. Was it lost out on the street or back in the office? If lost
out on the street did a manager have to waste their valuable time (LOL) coming out with a spare key? If lost on the street I suppose a lost key
for a van is technically a mail security risk if the van locks aren't all changed - so there's a cost there - new locks have to be bought and fitted by the mechanics
and in the current situation you don't want to give management any excuse........

Some offices/management might consider the risk minimal, other offices the risk might be greater.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by postslippete »

yellowbelly wrote:
I would do that myself, but playing devils advocate here we don't know enough about the circumstances. Was it lost out on the street or back in the office? If lost
out on the street did a manager have to waste their valuable time (LOL) coming out with a spare key? If lost on the street I suppose a lost key
for a van is technically a mail security risk if the van locks aren't all changed - so there's a cost there - new locks have to be bought and fitted by the mechanics
and in the current situation you don't want to give management any excuse........

Some offices/management might consider the risk minimal, other offices the risk might be greater.

True. I suppose an alternative different van could be used if the OP thought the van key was lost in the street. I'm assuming the OP wasn't driving in a shared van though?? :hmmmm
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
jack17
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 19:49
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by jack17 »

thankyou all for your help, i had a chat with my manager, i bought a lanyard so there is a less of a chance of me loosing them again, i am only a human and everyone is allowed to make mistakes during work. thankyou again for giving me good advice and helping me.
jack17
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 19:49
Gender: Male

lost van key

Post by jack17 »

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not
I am only human ,I do mistakes ,I am not perfect .On my life besiade my work i do mistakes also ,but I am very happy that Royal mail has perfect people like you ,who never lost anything and never done any mistake .Have a good weekend .