ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
think i broke something
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
think i broke something
You sound like a nice guy, fair play for admitting you broke something but you really didn’t need to. Give the customer the call centres number or tell them to go online and fill a form in. The amount of stuff we handle your going to drop things now and again. Forget about it.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
think i broke something
Say exactly this to your manager:
'I delivered a parcel to a house yesterday. As I was in a rush to place the parcel down and back away from the door, I dropped the parcel on the doorstep, probably higher than I should have. In hindsight I should have placed the item down first, but customers are still in a rush to open the door before I even knock still despite whats going on.'
You can't get in trouble for making a genuine mistake no. If something similar ever happens again, say you are very sorry to the customer and tell them they can claim on the RM website. It is not up to you to pay out from your own pocket for genuine mistakes, the company has insurance/a budget exactly for this purpose!
'I delivered a parcel to a house yesterday. As I was in a rush to place the parcel down and back away from the door, I dropped the parcel on the doorstep, probably higher than I should have. In hindsight I should have placed the item down first, but customers are still in a rush to open the door before I even knock still despite whats going on.'
You can't get in trouble for making a genuine mistake no. If something similar ever happens again, say you are very sorry to the customer and tell them they can claim on the RM website. It is not up to you to pay out from your own pocket for genuine mistakes, the company has insurance/a budget exactly for this purpose!
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
think i broke something
I balanced a parcel on handrail one day and chapped door. Just as the lady came to door I turned to retrieve parcel and knocked it off, causing it to fall 10 feet down to the ground.
I apologised immediately. The item was a portable LCD TV for their caravan, which was now broken. Felt like a fanny!
My van share partner saw the lot and was pissing herself when I jumped back in van.
Accidents happen. I sure as s**t wasn't offering to pay for a new TV for them, as much as it was my fault.
I apologised immediately. The item was a portable LCD TV for their caravan, which was now broken. Felt like a fanny!
My van share partner saw the lot and was pissing herself when I jumped back in van.
Accidents happen. I sure as s**t wasn't offering to pay for a new TV for them, as much as it was my fault.