It's not getting cancelled so to speak but being postponed and being asked if we can have next week off instead of this week, ect. And working the week off for many new in service posties is a must if asked.. hard to say no when you're new in serviceihatedogs wrote:Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
-
Peejay8T8
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 13 Mar 2020, 06:27
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
The fact that we're having to start at midday and finish around 8pm is a disgrace considering its for social distancing purposes...you're telling me that if I start at noon then I won't have anyone within 2 metres of me in the office?! I'll believe it when I see it
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Cancelled or postponed make your mind up altho i can promise i will always take my leave that i have booked off.why is it a must to work your week off if your new or 20 or 30 years done leave is leave ffs. Time off to rest the aching limbs.Munchboii wrote:It's not getting cancelled so to speak but being postponed and being asked if we can have next week off instead of this week, ect. And working the week off for many new in service posties is a must if asked.. hard to say no when you're new in serviceihatedogs wrote:Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Who cares what your fellow workers do,
Do your hours then go home simples
Do your hours then go home simples
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
I appreciate the dilemma facing newbies but, even in these circumstances, surely the correct response is " I already have plans" or " my partner's off the same week". Plausible response to the gaffer, especially if they're asking you to change/cancel at short notice.Munchboii wrote:It's not getting cancelled so to speak but being postponed and being asked if we can have next week off instead of this week, ect. And working the week off for many new in service posties is a must if asked.. hard to say no when you're new in serviceihatedogs wrote:Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
You can't complain if you just work your paid hours.norris9 wrote:No.
Same people going home early everyday. Same people working all their hours everyday.
Gaffers at fault if he's letting others go home early, especially if your office is failing.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Re: annual leave being cancelled/postponed. Management by law have every right to cancel your annual leave however they have to give you the same anount as the booked leave.
1 week leave = 1 week notice (yeah I know it’s done in days/hours now but you get my point).
2 weeks leave = 2 weeks notice.
Just play the game.
1 week leave = 1 week notice (yeah I know it’s done in days/hours now but you get my point).
2 weeks leave = 2 weeks notice.
Just play the game.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
So even if you have a holiday booked your manager can say no staff shortage your not going on holiday no effing chance an tats being polite.HTPostman wrote:Re: annual leave being cancelled/postponed. Management by law have every right to cancel your annual leave however they have to give you the same anount as the booked leave.
1 week leave = 1 week notice (yeah I know it’s done in days/hours now but you get my point).
2 weeks leave = 2 weeks notice.
Just play the game.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Our solo van duties are seeing a few extra parcels but are facing few other problems.
Our van shares are obviously just with the driver, while the walker has to walk or bus out to the start point - and then do the same thing to get back. Driver has to take extra stuff to cover the stuff the walker doesn't have the time to do.
The workload has gone up for everyone but the way it is being handled is not remotely fair between solo and shared duties. And all this was arranged/organised by the union rep.
Our van shares are obviously just with the driver, while the walker has to walk or bus out to the start point - and then do the same thing to get back. Driver has to take extra stuff to cover the stuff the walker doesn't have the time to do.
The workload has gone up for everyone but the way it is being handled is not remotely fair between solo and shared duties. And all this was arranged/organised by the union rep.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??fdice
No bus service atm so I walk to work, due to no van sharing I use a trolley so I walk to the start of the delivery. On a normal shared delivery there are 6 bags each, last week after the walk hadn't been attempted on my day off I had 11 bags to myself. I DO have the oversized trackeds taken off me but when I put out non tracked oversized or non tracked multiples for one address they end up unattempted and back on my frame next morning. Had an entire bag of parcels for one address today, they weren't in so had to take them back off the doorstep and repack the bag and trolley it back at the end of the walk. The other walk of the pair has ALL THE TRACKED big and small,taken off them as the colleague can't manage the whole walk as they're playing catch up after several days of the walk being left in. Had a lovely long bank holiday weekend off but the walk stayed in unattempted until I got back, had to leave some in the frame due to the amount so some folk didn't get a delivery for nearly a week. Walk back to office then walk home, no buses again. No overtime allowed for overrunning deliveries so always back in time.
At least it's not been raining lately.
At least it's not been raining lately.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!
-
Jamesfr3man
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
This. I'm a part timer who has to wait for a van to come back after finishing a round and the F/T postie goes home. They call me from between 11:45 to 1:30. So a F/T has come in and finished by 11:45 some days and I get stuck with lapsing from walks that don't go out the previous day, not to mention I have to prep the frame and O/S when I get in that eats into my delivery time.GRS wrote:We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!
For all the other part timers who are new or who are in the same boat, just work your hours and take your breaks. Don't rush round and cut off if you need to. No one cares about you or your time, so don't stress. Just make sure you do the tracked
Also with the increase in packets please remember when prepping to go out, if you've got too many packets for a loop please use a trolley and save yourself stress and damage.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Spoke to management they wasn't bothered about what some of the other postie's were getting away with and I thought as much. So was told to leave a few loops but get all the packets delivered. This is ok but the following day means I sometimes get twice as much post to deliver on the loops that got left in the frame. If no one wants the overtime,though there are a few takers
So because of the packet explosion I'm now delivering 4 loops and large packets.
So because of the packet explosion I'm now delivering 4 loops and large packets.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
.
Last edited by themailman on 31 Mar 2023, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
-
world class male
- Posts: 906
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
i wish i could say the public will on our side if any IA was taken, today was full of support for us but come tomorrow we are just chip shop paper
all they will want is their garden ornaments and mobile phone cases asap and bombard twitter on how crap we are
can only think a work to rule if allowed would leave RM with some kind of headache and at least the public will still see us out and about
all they will want is their garden ornaments and mobile phone cases asap and bombard twitter on how crap we are
can only think a work to rule if allowed would leave RM with some kind of headache and at least the public will still see us out and about