ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sciatica

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Sciatica

Post by Chelseablue »

Anyone used naproxen or diclofenic or anything else for pain relief in hip joints etc ? Can you get strong painkillers in the pharmacys?
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Sciatica

Post by Janet Brum »

The strongest you can get over the counter is codeine but you can`t drive after you take it, it makes you dizzy.

For me 2 ibuprofen work wonders.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Sciatica

Post by ssdd »

Janet Brum wrote:The strongest you can get over the counter is codeine but you can`t drive after you take it, it makes you dizzy.

For me 2 ibuprofen work wonders.
Codeine doesn't make me dizzy. And I can still drive...legally.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Sciatica

Post by Janet Brum »

You are stronger than me then, I was dizzy for hours, almost like being drunk.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Sciatica

Post by ssdd »

Janet Brum wrote:You are stronger than me then, I was dizzy for hours, almost like being drunk.
Stronger? It's all relative....
In other words, medications will affect people differently...
You may be stonger than me in other ways...
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Sciatica

Post by Ricardo44 »

You can only get Naproxen on prescription. I had it a few years ago but it wasnt any more effective than Ibuprofen.
paulsmd
Posts: 88
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
Gender: Male

Sciatica

Post by paulsmd »

Ricardo44 wrote:Hi, i'm currently off work with this condition. I'm taking Ibuprofen and trying to rest as much as I can. If anyone else has had this and can offer any advice on how long it's likely to last or how to deal with it i'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
I can treat this condition with Daiwa Ryu shiatsu therapy. At the moment we are close because of COV19. Please have a look at my Facebook page. Peninsula healing centre. I have treated a few postmen with this condition. Maybe you can find a therapist near you. It should go with 1 to 3 lots of treatment. If you don`t have treatment It could last between three days to three months. Get well soon.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Sciatica

Post by Ricardo44 »

Thanks Paulsmd, thats the trouble now, everywheres closed. It does make you feel vulnerable. My checkup at the dentist has been cancelled and they are now closed. I really hope i dont get toothache in the next 6 to 12 months. Makes you wonder how people managed hundreds of years ago without the NHS, proper medicines, dentists etc.