Could any loops be swapped over between the walks to even them out a bit?norris9 wrote:I have been swopped over with my van share partner as he can't drive and it makes more sense for him to do my round than his. Problem is the 2 walks are not evenly balanced, he is finishing early and I am finishing late and nothing is being done to rectify this. I'd rather be on my signed for job, not his, but have been put on his job by management and I never agreed to it.
I am stressed out.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Op covering two walks advice.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2695
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Op covering two walks advice.
Wouldn't work. The walk should just be split evenly.SpacePhoenix wrote:Could any loops be swapped over between the walks to even them out a bit?norris9 wrote:I have been swopped over with my van share partner as he can't drive and it makes more sense for him to do my round than his. Problem is the 2 walks are not evenly balanced, he is finishing early and I am finishing late and nothing is being done to rectify this. I'd rather be on my signed for job, not his, but have been put on his job by management and I never agreed to it.
I am stressed out.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Op covering two walks advice.
Whats an op?shayanboon wrote:Since the measures have been implemented with social distancing, a op has been asked to deliver two walks and is obliging. Their colleagues have advised the op of the use of PDA actuals, regardless imo of this situation we are in. Any advise on this situation would be obliged.
If he is fit and claiming overtime, whats the problem? As long as he is being 'asked' not 'told'.
Thats the problem in my office. I go in and there's two days worth to deliver. Nobody asks if thats OK. If I can work the overtime. We are just expected to get on with it.
result is: pissed off posties who leave more and more each day.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
Is he getting 6 hours docket for the double?
-
shayanboon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
To be fair, Yes he is doing it of his own decision and picking up the docket. Its the use/misuse of these actuals that is concerning, but hey only time will tell.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
surely your non driving partner doesn't just say sod it and go home and leave you out late?norris9 wrote:I have been swopped over with my van share partner as he can't drive and it makes more sense for him to do my round than his. Problem is the 2 walks are not evenly balanced, he is finishing early and I am finishing late and nothing is being done to rectify this. I'd rather be on my signed for job, not his, but have been put on his job by management and I never agreed to it.
I am stressed out.
you should be fetching him some loops off the other if unequal, our pairing is around an hours different and the other takes some off it to complete the same time ish
you need to put a stop to this now, either leave in or say you're fetching back and let them look at pda data
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
Not sure what you mean by '....the use/misuse of these actuals that is concerning,.....'shayanboon wrote:To be fair, Yes he is doing it of his own decision and picking up the docket. Its the use/misuse of these actuals that is concerning, but hey only time will tell.
If they are being used by managers how are they being used/misused with regard to your original query/post? Are the managers saying
he's got time in his duty hours/contract hours to do the extra outdoor work?
If the postie is accepting all the OT and is not worried about it then that's his prerogative surely?
-
shayanboon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
Yes agreed the postie is happy to take the extra and the docket for it, its just the old chestnut of others are expected to be as efficient lets say.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Op covering two walks advice.
endofdays1982 wrote:I feel like im ready for going off with stress, doing a walk then the walk next to me on alternate days, plus the oversize for both walks each day and small tracks for both walks, its just not possible, some days its 3 or 4 days of mail on each walks with overheads because I have to take a few yorks of parcels because its like xmas, anyone else sick of being punished for coming in, surely royal mail have to order more vans in
Yet you told someone in another thread "man up snowflake". See how it feels when something stresses you out, but not others. Hopefully, you can see why I keep saying attack the post, not the poster.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Op covering two walks advice.
If they want the job covering and he is happy to do it for the payment they are offering let him get on with it.