ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

People Getting Lazy

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

People Getting Lazy

Post by wacko74 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
wacko74 wrote:

It is interesting to observe these people who don't work or have much else to do in their life, they seem to operate on a completely different timescale to busier members of society.


My mother in law has been retired for 20 years, not that she did much work before officially retiring, every task she does is done at painfully slow snails pace, she spent 30 minutes making herself a salad sandwich for her lunch the other day, then took another 45 minutes just to eat it!

I usually don't have the time for such leisurely lunches even on my days off.
If you want a job done ... Give it to a Busy Person...... My Missus takes about an hour to get ready and get out of the door (and then forgets her Bloody Purse) .... drives me crazy :arrrghhh

When I'm dropping her off somewhere in a hurry I'll say, "Right I'll pull over by the Bus Stop get ready to get out". She'll wait until I've stopped and then start looking for her Bag ... Glasses .... Fags & Lighter .... Keys! .... FFS I feel like opening the door and pushing her out sometimes! :arrrghhh She'll end up gassing to a mate for about 15 mins, and thinks nothing of it. I'll say "Do you realise how much work I can get through in 15 minutes? That's a whole street delivered in that time". Some people just have no sense of urgency..... But then I've got NO Patience either, so that doesn't help. :cuppa
See also the women who spend 15 minutes stood in the queue at the supermarket checkout, doing nothing but staring blankly as the till girl scans all their shopping, then it's only when the till girl says how much it's come to does the woman start rummaging through her bag looking for her purse, then rummaging through her purse looking for her money...
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

People Getting Lazy

Post by postslippete »

What else should be expect? People are ordering mainly non essential items and if the weather's nice they will probably be out sunbathing and drinking beer in their back garden.

On a positive note most customers are in,which means less packets to take back with you.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

People Getting Lazy

Post by HTPostman »

If I’m delivering a parcel to an address and have a feeling they are in, I knock/ring the doorbell once, then the second time use the letterbox to hold their mail and knock with the rubber corner of the PDA - saves my knuckles, gives a very loud knock and if the residents won’t answer because they think it’s bailiffs, the letters going partway through should give them a clue. Almost 100% success rate.

Also find the PDA useful for anyone who catches me and says I never knocked. I demonstrate to show them how loud the damn thing is.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

People Getting Lazy

Post by twoloops »

HTPostman wrote:Also find the PDA useful for anyone who catches me and says I never knocked

The PDA's a must that's all I use, It even gets the neighbours out to have a look who bashing on the door :Very Happy
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

People Getting Lazy

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

I Heard A Tap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack1960
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 17:39
Gender: Male

People Getting Lazy

Post by Jack1960 »

There is probably alot of cross dressing going on at the moment , in times of lockdown etc it is often the case. A study of post WWW1 in Berlin noted as such.