ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How busy will tomorrow be?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by Munchboii »

I'm expecting tomorrow to be the DAY FROM HELL. Jesus has rose from his grave and is here to show his wrath.

Jokes aside, because of circumstances I dont wanna reveal to show my work place let's just say my area only covered parcelforce and registereds on Saturday with minimal staffing...


so for my DO tomorrow I dont think I will have ever seen it busier. At christmas we have parcel assistance duties so it's even worse than Christmas currently. The old boys in my depot are comparing this to how busy it used to be when Royal Mail still have the monopoly on parcels in the early 2000s. The good old days where our conditions were golden and didnt have to fear low paid numbskulls going around for 70p per parcel undercutting us..

Good luck everyone it's going to be a hell of a week !!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Munchboii wrote:I'm expecting tomorrow to be the DAY FROM HELL. Jesus has rose from his grave and is here to show his wrath.

Jokes aside, because of circumstances I dont wanna reveal to show my work place let's just say my area only covered parcelforce and registereds on Saturday with minimal staffing...


so for my DO tomorrow I dont think I will have ever seen it busier. At christmas we have parcel assistance duties so it's even worse than Christmas currently. The old boys in my depot are comparing this to how busy it used to be when Royal Mail still have the monopoly on parcels in the early 2000s. The good old days where our conditions were golden and didnt have to fear low paid numbskulls going around for 70p per parcel undercutting us..

Good luck everyone it's going to be a hell of a week !!
There's a mention in another thread of 6,000 yorks being stuck at NDC over the weekend!
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 01:55
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by paulus103 »

I'm not in tomorrow morning but I'm expecting it to be bad

Last week was the worst I've seen so far in 3 years
Across all shifts it was terrible, but Mon/Tues was so bad and this week with the bank holiday and distribution backlog I fear it will be even worse Tues/Wed
Talking to guys who have been there 20/30 years they struggle to think of a busier time
bucks123
Posts: 64
Joined: 20 Mar 2020, 05:35
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by bucks123 »

started reading this thread this morning and was thinking "everyone seems to be really positive about the volumes this week!!"

then i realised the first few posts were made around May BHL 2019 :chuckle

i expect carnage this week :crazy:
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by Rommagic »

Tomorrow onwards will be terrible
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by Rommagic »

We had 65 York's of parcels today.About 40 done
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by DiamondSmiles »

That has to have been one of the worst days for packets i have ever known in my 33 years at Royal Mail. And no overtime allowed to help clear it :arrrghhh
Pumpernickel
Posts: 155
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 20:55
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by Pumpernickel »

I'm wondering when we'll get warehouse space to store the backlog that's building up.

Didn't have a hope of making much of a dent today, and I bet tomorrow is even worse.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by Munchboii »

Well I just got finished about 1.5 hours ago but still managed to work to my time somehow because we werent doing Tuesday hours because of the bank holiday :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Started 30 minutes early and still worked to my time. My van was full to the back and front full of amazon parcels and ebay shite. Im on a rural
....

Also had the rates go out today so it was basically a 95% call rate just on the letters alone!!! It was so bad my packets were falling over eachother absolutely no way I could order my packets in any sort of sensible way. :pray :pray

After I finished on the way back I took 2 tracked parcels that I missed from the estates. Forgot to mention that I failed to deliver 2 parcels and 3 houses worth of mail because there was a tractor herding sheep across the road and I couldnt be f*cked waiting :d'oh! :d'oh! So I just turned around and went to my next call :dance :dance

My manager has been supportive and in todays meeting he thanked us all for our hard work and I got told if I can do it now then I can do it anytime. Made me feel good as I only recently transfered to this DO after 3 years at another one. :Very Happy
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Mark_F wrote:I'm wondering when we'll get warehouse space to store the backlog that's building up.

Didn't have a hope of making much of a dent today, and I bet tomorrow is even worse.
They need to get some suitable massive warehouses near to the RDCs to store it, then send it down to the MCs as and when they've got the capacity to process it
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by FirstPost »

how will the the rest of the week be?
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by HA1 »

All you have to do is work your hours nothing more nothing less
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by yellowbelly »

Munchboii wrote:........
..................and I got told if I can do it now then I can do it anytime. .......
When it gets to next Xmas pressure, when it's dark, cold, chucking it down with rain and you want
to work to your time, his statement might come back to bite you on the arse when you say you might not be able to complete........
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by twoloops »

Munchboii wrote: in todays meeting
Telling Boris, any social gatherings of more than 2 people are banned.
nightwatchman
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 13:41
Gender: Male

How busy will tomorrow be?

Post by nightwatchman »

What a bunch of whinging cnuts! The guys at the NHS are cracking on and not crying about how busy it is, you should all be embarrassed.