paradeem wrote:thinking of leaving the union myself
Why do people constantly want to leave the union when things get tough! Bazaar
I agree with Post69 , I wouldn't advocate any one to leave the union and really more should be in it.
On the other hand it is likely to be the only increase in your take home pay. Have the union even submitted a pay claim yet ?
paradeem wrote:thinking of leaving the union myself
Why do people constantly want to leave the union when things get tough! Bazaar
Mate posties are literally getting killed by a deadly virus that can spread it seems very easily and Royal Mail are failing on the main advice of social distancing in DO. Posties need someone to stand up to Royal Mail and demand that we are protected with social distancing enforcement in DO and coverings of mouths in DO. These are basic requests that our union should be demanding and be willing to strike for to get it to happen, the fact that they are silent and seem to have just accepted Royal mails response of NO you are not getting your demands, is truly shocking. If the union cannot get us basic protection and to make Royal Mail follow GOVERNMENT advice in a pandemic then what is their point? They should threaten to strike, this will be all over the news and the public can see for themselves how poor our protection is and how there is zero social distancing in our DOs, this if anything would at the very least shame Royal Mail into doing something.
You've just said posties need someone to stand up to royal mail so why think about leaving the union? Then you (not you personally) won't have anybody! I think it has a lot to do with your rep rather than the union itself over the decades of working in RM I've had reps that just don't come up to the challenge and have just been completely useless, maybe I'm just fortunate at the moment but my rep/reps have been generally very good and a percentage of the guidelines have been robustly followed by the workers who do put people in their place if they are not following the guidelines and rightly so
olilew wrote:I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of strike laws than me will correct me if I am wrong and I will be happy to stand corrected but I think you can only strike for what you balloted for. In other words we can only strike for the four pillars agreement, we cannot use our strike mandate to strike on the grounds of coronavirus or anything else.
I'll start a new topic on this point as it seems very popular.
Yeah you are correct you can only take industrial action on what was stated in the dispute! Although royal mail employees tend just to walk out if they don't like something anyway! I think royal mail have the highest rate of unofficial industrial action of any working sector (stroppy workforce and incompetent management was the conclusion of that soyer report on industrial relations in royal mail years ago and if anything it's a lot worse now) good job the NHS workers dont have the same attitude!
paradeem wrote:thinking of leaving the union myself
Why do people constantly want to leave the union when things get tough! Bazaar
Mate posties are literally getting killed by a deadly virus that can spread it seems very easily and Royal Mail are failing on the main advice of social distancing in DO. Posties need someone to stand up to Royal Mail and demand that we are protected with social distancing enforcement in DO and coverings of mouths in DO. These are basic requests that our union should be demanding and be willing to strike for to get it to happen, the fact that they are silent and seem to have just accepted Royal mails response of NO you are not getting your demands, is truly shocking. If the union cannot get us basic protection and to make Royal Mail follow GOVERNMENT advice in a pandemic then what is their point? They should threaten to strike, this will be all over the news and the public can see for themselves how poor our protection is and how there is zero social distancing in our DOs, this if anything would at the very least shame Royal Mail into doing something.
You've just said posties need someone to stand up to royal mail so why think about leaving the union? Then you (not you personally) won't have anybody! I think it has a lot to do with your rep rather than the union itself over the decades of working in RM I've had reps that just don't come up to the challenge and have just been completely useless, maybe I'm just fortunate at the moment but my rep/reps have been generally very good and a percentage of the guidelines have been robustly followed by the workers who do put people in their place if they are not following the guidelines and rightly so
Well that is my point, the union are NOT standing up to Royal mail and demanding we have a safe work place. We are literally talking about risking our lives when we go to work now. This is not a pay rise or any other what now seems trivial union matter, its a "I could catch a deadly virus while at work and die" matter, and the union are doing sweet fa from what I can see to make sure we are protected. This needs to change and quick, they should demand social distancing in the offices and make everyone wear a snood or something to cover their mouth while indoors, and they should be threatening to strike if royal mail do not agree with this. The union should be telling all union members to cover their mouth while working indoors but they are not even doing that. FFS this is just a basic minimum, it's not even something that would cost Royal mail money how can the union not make RM do this?
Ah we all know the Union are big on words but not on action. We know they should do more as regards health and safety. Construction workers were classed as key workers and now most sites are closed because they couldn't adhere to social distancing and because the public didn't see them as key workers. The same could be said of us. We are not the 4th emergency service,we don't deliver food nor medicines. So I don't get the point of giving us any PPE when the most effective way of combating the virus as per governments advice is to STAY AT HOME. In other words,we should have been closed weeks ago.
Of course,that's gone now and there have now been thousands of deaths. This is what I don't understand...9,000 people dead from co-vid19,we haven't yet peaked and journalists are asking health minister when will the lockdown end?? I was expecting even stricter measures to the lockdown but instead tonight's bulletin seemed to be about saving money by imposing limits on the PPE that NHS and care workers were allowed so it isn't wasted. It's all very admirable,but i do think the government could have gone further if they really want to flatten that curve. But no one has got the b##ocks to do it.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Why have rural posties been Forced into lapsing while others don’t do it at the moment, I thought the less contact with customers the better but now my lapsing is Twice what it was before...
Jmdnnlln wrote:Why have rural posties been Forced into lapsing while others don’t do it at the moment, I thought the less contact with customers the better but now my lapsing is Twice what it was before...