ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by Bahia Feliz »

fed_up_postie wrote:11:30-11:45 almost every day 10:30 on tuesdays and Saturdays
And you're fed up :crazy:
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by kookoo32 »

4.15pm that was today. The day from hell. Worse than Christmas. I don't think I can stand up now that I've sat down.
TheGoodRebel111
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 May 2019, 00:21
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by TheGoodRebel111 »

6pm here, but that inculded double-lapsing as well. Might as well have the word "mug" imprinted on my forehead. I'm sorting and prepping not only my walk but also a walk for a guy who's working out from his house, which of course takes extra time before I even drive out of the office.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by Sir Henry »

Up until now no overtime has been paid so no overtime has been worked. The lapsed duties have been unlapsed as theyre closest to the office and can be done on foot with a trolley. Big tracked are taken by dedicated parcel duty drivers and if you finish early you take out a bundle or two to deliver on your way home. As was predicted the callers office staff are being used to plug any gaps but they're being run ragged. I foresee pisstaking by management ramping up.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
edward918
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Feb 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by edward918 »

Started at 13:30, finished at 18:45pm yesterday. Had to bring back well over 20+ normal parcels as the workload was ridiculous. I couldn't complete the duty in time as my office closes at 7pm.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by ScousePostie »

14:35. Five minutes over. Despite the fact that there's so many off in our office at the moment, and most of us are doing two days mail (most larger parcels are being done by a new temporary parcel duty), nearly everyone being home to accept items has a huge impact on time to complete delivery.
endofdays1982
Posts: 84
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by endofdays1982 »

I work up in Scotland as a postman where its a lot harder than England as deliverys are longer ie 6 hour delivery spans, we are currently doing a walk and the walk next to us on alrenate days so always guranateed 2 days mails, usually about 80 oversize for both walks, averaging 5pm finishes
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by Munchboii »

8:30 start. Rural round with yodel, parcelforce, DX and royal mail parcels on. Where I am is remote so we still have the contract for these couriers.

Out the office at 10:15. Finished round at 3:45. Solid 5 hour 30 minute delivery. My van was chest deep in parcels front and back. Mail was heavy too.

30 minutes over my time. And I was running around like a mad rabbit. I love my job but this is crazy. I think Royal Mail should suspend swings and roundabouts and let us book overtime without the 30 minute give back period.
par4mrl
Posts: 89
Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
Gender: Male

What is your latest finish on delivery since Covid 19

Post by par4mrl »

My partner has taken to starting late now so I finish around 11-11:30. For me something good is coming out of something bad and that is I’m making time for once.......we don’t absorb even with 3 duties not filled. They love a bit of docket here.