ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by sorefeet17 »

Nothing will change, the CEO's will get a big pat on the back and an nice bonus for keeping the grubby classes working during these hard times, doing a couple of hours work remotely in their second home on the coast in between drinking a nice bottle Burgundy.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by k979aaa »

Chelseablue wrote:All the lower paid are left in the firing line of this horrific disease . Care workers, nhs staff, shop workers,bin men and us . Were all supposdly (key workers) yet the duty of care and ppe has been a joke. Rico we wont forget this .
Maybe we could all remind him by working 1 hour less a week thus exposing us one hour less a week.
Pumpernickel
Posts: 155
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 20:55
Gender: Male

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by Pumpernickel »

Well I just read on the BBC Next have reopened their website to orders, then had to suspend it again due to high demand...
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Mark_F wrote:Well I just read on the BBC Next have reopened their website to orders, then had to suspend it again due to high demand...
They have put a limit on orders.
As soon as the limit is reached they close the website.
Only dead fish follow the current
Pumpernickel
Posts: 155
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 20:55
Gender: Male

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by Pumpernickel »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Mark_F wrote:Well I just read on the BBC Next have reopened their website to orders, then had to suspend it again due to high demand...
They have put a limit on orders.
As soon as the limit is reached they close the website.
Yes, limits as they have many staff on training.

As staff finish training and go back to the workplace, those limits will be increased.

Hopefully demand will drop at some point (not just with Next, with everything) to a more manageable level so we can catch back up.
barrychuckle
Posts: 144
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by barrychuckle »

I thought next used Hermes not Royal Mail.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
Gender: Male

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by Munchboii »

barrychuckle wrote:I thought next used Hermes not Royal Mail.
Yeah this is true I've never seen Next coming through us. Although today I noticed superdrug, boots (shed load), Mark's and Spencer's (so many!) And new look.

George seen to use Yodel
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

NEXT online operation first to close down.

Post by Celgar »

I think I have seen parcels with NEXT written on them come through RM. Apparently 3000 of the 7000 staff have volunteered to return. I don't know if that means the other 4000 are still being paid or not. They said it will take three weeks to give new safety training to the 3000 workers that have returned.
The amount of parcels coming through RM will not fall until the restrictions subside. A lot of people are either working from home or are not working sitting around getting bored receiving not far off usual wages.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.