I do this, too. I make sure when ticking the marketing boxes that the only one I tick is post. I make my wife do the same. Sent my guarentee registration for my vacuum through the post too as oppose to texting. Letters keep us in a job and we should make sure we do all we can to keep volumes up.Dorset Plodder wrote:hero22 wrote:I was the same mate but changed my bank and credit cards to mail statements just to add some mail to the system lol.Tinoblade wrote:
I know, I'm probably doing myself out of a job. All I get is payslip and council/car tax etc That's it. I have no idea how some people get mail everyday
Yep ... It may be a Spit in the Ocean mate, but EVERY time I get asked things like, "Shall I e-mail you the details"? I simply say "No Thank You send me it in the post"!If every Postie encouraged their Friends, Family & Customers to do it we'd soon have a lot more paper in the system. I spend quite a bit of time convincing Older Customers that they're NOT saving the Amazon Rainforest by going paperless ... they're saving all the Banks & Institutes Postage Charges.
Most of the paper in our Households & Magazines comes from Renewable, or Recycled sources.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The Mail is down
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
-
hero22
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
exactly mate, sounds daft getting everything delivered but if it helps even in a small way its worth it.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
National Savings have recently changed the way they post out the cheques when people win on the premium bonds. Previously each one would be sent in a separate envelope but now they have made the envelope larger and all wins for each month will arrive in one envelope. So there will be less numbers of letters from them from now on.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 579
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
Do lots of people get their winnings this way ? Any prizes I win are automatically reinvested into new bonds and there is an option to have wins paid straight into your bank account. Receiving wins via a cheque in the post seems quiet old fashioned.Celgar wrote:National Savings have recently changed the way they post out the cheques when people win on the premium bonds. Previously each one would be sent in a separate envelope but now they have made the envelope larger and all wins for each month will arrive in one envelope. So there will be less numbers of letters from them from now on.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
A lot of the older generation on my round do - they like to see the 'real money'!Zicomurphy wrote:Do lots of people get their winnings this way ? Any prizes I win are automatically reinvested into new bonds and there is an option to have wins paid straight into your bank account. Receiving wins via a cheque in the post seems quiet old fashioned.Celgar wrote:National Savings have recently changed the way they post out the cheques when people win on the premium bonds. Previously each one would be sent in a separate envelope but now they have made the envelope larger and all wins for each month will arrive in one envelope. So there will be less numbers of letters from them from now on.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
The Mail is down
Bonds ie lending to the government was popular in the wars but with stock markets bigger quicker returns OH s**t might just put it in bonds!
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
I was still delivering multiple premium bond letters to customers just the other week.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
How can you say 6 d2d doesn't make difference compared to 1 d2d. Do you get yours sorted & thrown up for you or havr you so much time it doesn't matter to you. If i have 6 d2d i struggle all weekeastie wrote:1 D2D or 6 D2D doesn't make any difference to a walk but adding another 80 calls definatly does. Just because they say mail is down 8% doesn't mean you have to increase the walk by the same percentage and finish the same time.
Plus taking the large parcels away and adding 80 extra calls is taking away the large parcels and replacing them with more parcels from the additional calls .
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
Regarding premium bonds it is more fun to open the envelopes to see what you have won as opposed to reading it on your bank statement or even worse via online banking on your phone!
Regarding D2D six or seven D2D items is obviously worse than one especially if you get the bad ones such as:
Flimsy A4 piece of paper
Small Molly Maid sized leaflets
Folding flap leaflets such as Domini Pizza
Larger catalogues eg garden centre
Clothes collections bags from children's hospital
Envelopes with wooden crosses, pens, or table mats in them.
Regarding the new parcel strategy trials I think the best we can hope is they fail. If they do then, like with the bench merging trials total failure, we won't hear a peep from Rico et al. There will just scurry off like dogs with their tails between their legs.
Regarding D2D six or seven D2D items is obviously worse than one especially if you get the bad ones such as:
Flimsy A4 piece of paper
Small Molly Maid sized leaflets
Folding flap leaflets such as Domini Pizza
Larger catalogues eg garden centre
Clothes collections bags from children's hospital
Envelopes with wooden crosses, pens, or table mats in them.
Regarding the new parcel strategy trials I think the best we can hope is they fail. If they do then, like with the bench merging trials total failure, we won't hear a peep from Rico et al. There will just scurry off like dogs with their tails between their legs.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2040
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
The Mail is down
I've managed to cut my mail to virtually nothing, bank, gas, electric, TV licence, car tax & insurance, home insurance, water rates all online, the only thing I have had this week is my RM wage slip, about time that went online 
-
hero22
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
And this helps your job how ?twoloops wrote:I've managed to cut my mail to virtually nothing, bank, gas, electric, TV licence, car tax & insurance, home insurance, water rates all online, the only thing I have had this week is my RM wage slip, about time that went online
-
Mrjohn
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 16 Apr 2019, 16:25
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
We here this constantly. Revenue may be down but the weight of my bundles isn’t. Screw fix, holiday brochures, clothes catalogues etc. D2Ds are sometimes magazines! Often 3 heavy bundles for one loop plus umpteen packets of course.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
The Mail is down
In no way whatsoever.hero22 wrote:And this helps your job how ?twoloops wrote:I've managed to cut my mail to virtually nothing, bank, gas, electric, TV licence, car tax & insurance, home insurance, water rates all online, the only thing I have had this week is my RM wage slip, about time that went online
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)