twoloops wrote:I fold all my mail lengthways, my fingers never breach the letterbox, I have told customers who have stiff & hard to post letterbox to have a go at posting in their own box, that usually does the trick
I had a guy have a go at me about folding post. Asked him to come out and post it without folding and it's bent up in his hand. His face was a picture!
Sometimes like a really small corner of mail gets stuck when the internal flap comes down and traps it and we can't always see it.
But I'd just apologise and say I've not done it intentionally no worries from now on
Cheers all.He did complain before ( i was on sick when deliverd)Spoke to him 2 weeks ago and said sometimes it does get stuck or jammed he was lovely and oh its ok.Just a sad tosser with nothing else to do.I even put his parcels round garden when not in.Hope he enjoys drive to collection office.
wazer wrote:Cheers all.He did complain before ( i was on sick when deliverd)Spoke to him 2 weeks ago and said sometimes it does get stuck or jammed he was lovely and oh its ok.Just a sad tosser with nothing else to do.I even put his parcels round garden when not in.Hope he enjoys drive to collection office.
That's the most effective way to deal with people that put in official complaints for something so minor.
Just be extremely pleasant and polite, do everything by the book, and don't engage with them beyond that. And of course, never take any risks with delivering parcels to safeplaces or neighbours, that leaves you wide open to another complaint
daveyeff wrote:I deliver to a whole brand new estate where EVERY letterbox has brushes behind the letterbox, then another 'spring loaded' letterbox flap on the inside. it is a total pain in the arse. so I just fold the mail and push it as far as it will go. just had the one complain in the last 5 yrs since its been built.
daveyeff wrote:I deliver to a whole brand new estate where EVERY letterbox has brushes behind the letterbox, then another 'spring loaded' letterbox flap on the inside. it is a total pain in the arse. so I just fold the mail and push it as far as it will go. just had the one complain in the last 5 yrs since its been built.
How can it be "brand new " if it's 5 years old ?
They have these letter boxes now where they have fire protection measures in place ie a piece of metal that will restrict ingress of foreign objects as it were still don't stop the council tax though?
daveyeff wrote:I deliver to a whole brand new estate where EVERY letterbox has brushes behind the letterbox, then another 'spring loaded' letterbox flap on the inside. it is a total pain in the arse. so I just fold the mail and push it as far as it will go. just had the one complain in the last 5 yrs since its been built.
I just say your brushes make it impossible for me to deliver properly, I'm not allowed to put my fingers through due to the dangers of a dog bite/cat scratch. Your brushes need removed or trimmed back if you want your mail to make it all the way through.
Don't stop for a discussion, keep on going you've got the rest of your round to do ffs!
As a customer, I thought my postie had perfected the art of getting it just right. Out of sight from the outside but cleverly held by the flap inside so I don’t need to bend down to get my post off the floor.