ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

To stay or go

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

To stay or go

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I've been in the job over 7 years now. I was liking it never really dreaded going in. But last year my situation changed and had a baby and now I need to be done in time every day. Now my stress and anxiety has gone through the roof, having daily arguments really gets too you after a bit. I've now decided too got back too college in September and work my way through university and actually make something of my life. Now I hate the job with a passion and can't wait too get out. Its and Shane really because I did like it but it's not worth the hassle.
Philbag70
Posts: 114
Joined: 09 Aug 2019, 13:35
Gender: Male

To stay or go

Post by Philbag70 »

wacko74 wrote:The OP certainly seems to have been thrown in at the deep end... only 8 months in and you've done numerous van shares, several rurals and LAT duties!

Most of the new starters in our office get to stay on the same 1 or 2 duties for at least the first 6-12 months, it's no wonder your heads a bit frazzled.
I wish that were true for me. Ive been in the job just 10 months and as of last week, ive been on more than 21 duties inc. HCT, van share and a rural. No wonder i'm all over the shop! Reading these threads gives me comfort though, in that I know i'm not being 'picked on'. Its just the RM way of getting the job done.
Blueeyed20girl
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jul 2019, 18:38
Gender: Female

To stay or go

Post by Blueeyed20girl »

Iv been offered another job, it would be a cut in pay and 'more'hours. Im on a 20hr contract now but like last week i did over 50. This new job is 47.5 hours a week. 5 days. But id get a set day off etc. I dont know what to do. About the only perks to this job are we are paid quite well and weekly. But having said that i only get half the delivery suppliment pay and on holiday i only get paid my basic 20 hours. My holidays are booked up now through to march 2021 and i didnt get a single week i asked for they are either 1 2 or 3 weeks before or after my chosen dates, and i didnt pick any what I would class as busy weeks. I havent any kids etc so dont need school holiday time off etc.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

To stay or go

Post by greengiant »

Blueeyed20girl wrote:Iv been offered another job, it would be a cut in pay and 'more'hours. Im on a 20hr contract now but like last week i did over 50. This new job is 47.5 hours a week. 5 days. But id get a set day off etc. I dont know what to do. About the only perks to this job are we are paid quite well and weekly. But having said that i only get half the delivery suppliment pay and on holiday i only get paid my basic 20 hours. My holidays are booked up now through to march 2021 and i didnt get a single week i asked for they are either 1 2 or 3 weeks before or after my chosen dates, and i didnt pick any what I would class as busy weeks. I havent any kids etc so dont need school holiday time off etc.
If you didn't accept the job offer would you regret is six months later? If you think you would, then go for it!
clockworkjerk
POST OFFICE
Posts: 54
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 22:45
Gender: Male

To stay or go

Post by clockworkjerk »

Blueeyed20girl wrote:Iv been offered another job, it would be a cut in pay and 'more'hours. Im on a 20hr contract now but like last week i did over 50. This new job is 47.5 hours a week. 5 days. But id get a set day off etc. I dont know what to do. About the only perks to this job are we are paid quite well and weekly. But having said that i only get half the delivery suppliment pay and on holiday i only get paid my basic 20 hours. My holidays are booked up now through to march 2021 and i didnt get a single week i asked for they are either 1 2 or 3 weeks before or after my chosen dates, and i didnt pick any what I would class as busy weeks. I havent any kids etc so dont need school holiday time off etc.
FYI - if you do 38 hours....you get the the Full Supplement. OT up to 38 hours(if you are on a contract below) is paid more than any OT a Full timer already on 38 hours would do(OT after 38).

Unless they have something like as a coach.....38 hours for anyone over a year = same pay. (just not when on holiday of course).

however, despite that, happiness in your work is key in life. i left a higher paid job to be here, and despite this forum claiming otherwise, am happy. half decent office i guess.
Blueeyed20girl
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jul 2019, 18:38
Gender: Female

To stay or go

Post by Blueeyed20girl »

clockworkjerk wrote:
Blueeyed20girl wrote:Iv been offered another job, it would be a cut in pay and 'more'hours. Im on a 20hr contract now but like last week i did over 50. This new job is 47.5 hours a week. 5 days. But id get a set day off etc. I dont know what to do. About the only perks to this job are we are paid quite well and weekly. But having said that i only get half the delivery suppliment pay and on holiday i only get paid my basic 20 hours. My holidays are booked up now through to march 2021 and i didnt get a single week i asked for they are either 1 2 or 3 weeks before or after my chosen dates, and i didnt pick any what I would class as busy weeks. I havent any kids etc so dont need school holiday time off etc.
FYI - if you do 38 hours....you get the the Full Supplement. OT up to 38 hours(if you are on a contract below) is paid more than any OT a Full timer already on 38 hours would do(OT after 38).

Unless they have something like as a coach.....38 hours for anyone over a year = same pay. (just not when on holiday of course).

however, despite that, happiness in your work is key in life. i left a higher paid job to be here, and despite this forum claiming otherwise, am happy. half decent office i guess.

Iv never recieved full suppliment payment?
I nearly always do more than 38 hours a week. Maybe i need to man or as im female lol up a bit??
FacesOfStone
Posts: 112
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 21:52
Gender: Male

To stay or go

Post by FacesOfStone »

Blueeyed20girl wrote:
clockworkjerk wrote:
Blueeyed20girl wrote:Iv been offered another job, it would be a cut in pay and 'more'hours. Im on a 20hr contract now but like last week i did over 50. This new job is 47.5 hours a week. 5 days. But id get a set day off etc. I dont know what to do. About the only perks to this job are we are paid quite well and weekly. But having said that i only get half the delivery suppliment pay and on holiday i only get paid my basic 20 hours. My holidays are booked up now through to march 2021 and i didnt get a single week i asked for they are either 1 2 or 3 weeks before or after my chosen dates, and i didnt pick any what I would class as busy weeks. I havent any kids etc so dont need school holiday time off etc.
FYI - if you do 38 hours....you get the the Full Supplement. OT up to 38 hours(if you are on a contract below) is paid more than any OT a Full timer already on 38 hours would do(OT after 38).

Unless they have something like as a coach.....38 hours for anyone over a year = same pay. (just not when on holiday of course).

however, despite that, happiness in your work is key in life. i left a higher paid job to be here, and despite this forum claiming otherwise, am happy. half decent office i guess.

Iv never recieved full suppliment payment?
I nearly always do more than 38 hours a week. Maybe i need to man or as im female lol up a bit??
The additional supplement is lumped in with your overtime hours, as far as I’m aware. Not very clear, I know,
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

To stay or go

Post by Murdoch »

Blueeyed20girl wrote: Iv never recieved full suppliment payment?
I nearly always do more than 38 hours a week. Maybe i need to man or as im female lol up a bit??
Any overtime you do that brings your total hours upto 38 for the week, is paid at a rate which includes the delivery supplement pro rata. This overtime is listed on your payslip as SSPR. Anything beyond 38 hours, is paid at a normal rate.
Blueeyed20girl
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Jul 2019, 18:38
Gender: Female

To stay or go

Post by Blueeyed20girl »

Well I have just turned down the other job offer. This is not to say I wont keep looking. I cant see me wanting to do this job much longer.