ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by ssdd »

grchpo wrote:I'm on a rural route, my manager says that it won't affect me, town routes only
There was talk on another thread about segregating oversize/LAT for rural duties. You heard about that?
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by grchpo »

Don't know about LAT, don't do them. I been told I will keep getting large parcels. Don't know how they will sort it, will wait & see
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by ssdd »

grchpo wrote:Don't know about LAT, don't do them. I been told I will keep getting large parcels. Don't know how they will sort it, will wait & see
I think there may be the potential, under RMs plans, that rural duties would deliver the LAT product along with the mail. If that was the case then, potentially, this could affect your start/finish times, probably starting and finishing later.
I don't know if this is just talk at the moment, but something to bear in mind. Also, I wouldn't trust what management tell you. They may be misinformed themselves.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by grchpo »

We are a LAT office, we have people doing them now so I assume they will carry on
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by ssdd »

grchpo wrote:We are a LAT office, we have people doing them now so I assume they will carry on
You're not getting what I'm saying are you? I think the idea is that the rural duties would take the LATs to save the drivers having to go out to remote parts after they've already had a delivery.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by grchpo »

I know what you are saying but firstly what about special delivery if i start later & secondly i would not have the time to add on LAT deliveries
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by ssdd »

grchpo wrote:I know what you are saying but firstly what about special delivery if i start later & secondly i would not have the time to add on LAT deliveries
I've thought now, in the last few years, that the 1pm special isn't cost effective. Too many posties having to cut off, incurring extra time. Whether RM are thinking of changing that I dont know.
As it stands, and if these plans we're discussing DO come to fruition, then it would probably be expected you would clear the specials before any other deliveries.
Regarding the extra time, management would just be looking at these as though they are part of your normal oversize.
It's all hearsay at the moment, but with the way things are going it wouldn't or shouldn't come as a surprise if this does happen...

(I'm reading what I've wrote and realise that it sounds like something a manager would/could say. And I suppose that's the point. Cos it's something that they would/could bring in).
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by clashcityrocker »

There are certain postcode areas where the 1pm Special Delivery guarantee doesn't apply.
My guess is there will be certain postcode areas where the LAT product won't apply.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by ssdd »

clashcityrocker wrote:There are certain postcode areas where the 1pm Special Delivery guarantee doesn't apply.
My guess is there will be certain postcode areas where the LAT product won't apply.
Well, that's the other option, but a bit unfair to those who live in remote parts. In other words if you live in a rural area you're gonna have to wait longer for that LAT parcel.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Parcel Hubs - Inverness area

Post by kookoo32 »

clashcityrocker wrote:There are certain postcode areas where the 1pm Special Delivery guarantee doesn't apply.
My guess is there will be certain postcode areas where the LAT product won't apply.
My office is about the only one in the area without an exemption, management are in the process of trying to get us one. We are in the IV postcode area.