ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New pda habit

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

New pda habit

Post by Bahia Feliz »

DICKIEG wrote:Why would people want their breaks in the van, I may be wrong but I thought a break was supposed to be taken away from your work station
I have my break while out on delivery and away from my van
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

New pda habit

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Why would people want their breaks in the van, I may be wrong but I thought a break was supposed to be taken away from your work station.
You could ask council workers, bin men, builders, gas engineers, BT engineers, taxi drivers, traffic cops, bus drivers and the thousands of other workers who take a break in their vehicle.

It isn't my thing but it's not unusual.
Only dead fish follow the current
DICKIEG
Posts: 158
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
Gender: Male

New pda habit

Post by DICKIEG »

You could also ask the same workers what time they start, I'm guessing it wouldn't be up to an hour early