The manager comes round with his 3 or 4 page A4 printout neatly stapled in the top corner, he quizzes you about it but you can tell by the look on his face he isn’t really sure what he is quizzing you about. You explain everything, he shrugs his shoulders still looking confused then says ok. He goes away and puts it on your file as a complaint against you. You hear no more about it (unless you get a run of them). That’s what happens in reality even though it technically shouldn’t.Tinoblade wrote:Rate, so I take a signed for to the neighbour they sign for it. The addressee isn't happy or whatever happens for there to be a complaint. What can happen to you as a postie? You've followed protocol.
This is a genuine question
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering to a neighbour.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
Last edited by Grumpyoldmailman on 28 Jan 2020, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
No worries then. I can deal with that!Grumpyoldmailman wrote:The manager comes round with his 3 or 4 page A4 printout neatly stapled in the top corner, he quizzes you about it but you can tell by the look on his face he isn’t really sure what he is quizzing you about. You explain everything, he shrugs his shoulders still looking confused then says ok. He goes away and puts it on your file as a complaint against you. You hear no more about it (unless you get a run of them).Tinoblade wrote:Rate, so I take a signed for to the neighbour they sign for it. The addressee isn't happy or whatever happens for there to be a complaint. What can happen to you as a postie? You've followed protocol.
This is a genuine question
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
Stopped trying neighbours after about two wees into the job. If it fits through the box it goes in, I sign for it. If not, card it.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
I got the impression You would do what ever You wanted regardless of what I told the OP.All I’ve done is say I won’t leave sign for letters with neighbours because of the risks .Its His call what He does and nothing will happen till things go wrong.You can see from the other comments that it is not a good idea.Tinoblade wrote:Hang on, you've just told me to do my thing and you do yours. However you're telling him straight up no he can't do it.scoobydo79 wrote:You do your thing Il do mine. I’ve seen what happens when a neighbour signs for a personal letter.Incidently I’ve not heard of a disciplinary hearing in my office where a postman has been had up for docketing a sign for letter.Also the sender wants to see the recipients signature not the random bloke two doors down. Also the neighbor is likely to sign for it and the. Put it through the letter box straight after.Tinoblade wrote:Our PDA tells us whether we can deliver to neighbour or not!scoobydo79 wrote:.BingBong wrote:Are we allowed to deliver recorded and tracked letters (no specials of course) to neighbours in the same way we do parcels? Wasn’t sure if they both come under the same thing? Cheers.
NO !!! The person the letter is for May have a time frame to respond (eg before legal action is taken against them) .Neighbour signs for it and recipient is in Spain for a month. Sender sees letter is signed for but recipient not responded .
Your setting Yourself and others up for deep s**t
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
No he asked if he could deliver recordeds to neighbours. To which your reply was no!scoobydo79 wrote:I got the impression You would do what ever You wanted regardless of what I told the OP.All I’ve done is say I won’t leave sign for letters with neighbours because of the risks .Its His call what He does and nothing will happen till things go wrong.You can see from the other comments that it is not a good idea.Tinoblade wrote:Hang on, you've just told me to do my thing and you do yours. However you're telling him straight up no he can't do it.scoobydo79 wrote:You do your thing Il do mine. I’ve seen what happens when a neighbour signs for a personal letter.Incidently I’ve not heard of a disciplinary hearing in my office where a postman has been had up for docketing a sign for letter.Also the sender wants to see the recipients signature not the random bloke two doors down. Also the neighbor is likely to sign for it and the. Put it through the letter box straight after.Tinoblade wrote:Our PDA tells us whether we can deliver to neighbour or not!scoobydo79 wrote:.BingBong wrote:Are we allowed to deliver recorded and tracked letters (no specials of course) to neighbours in the same way we do parcels? Wasn’t sure if they both come under the same thing? Cheers.
NO !!! The person the letter is for May have a time frame to respond (eg before legal action is taken against them) .Neighbour signs for it and recipient is in Spain for a month. Sender sees letter is signed for but recipient not responded .
Your setting Yourself and others up for deep s**t
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
Trail wrote:Stopped trying neighbours after about two wees into the job. If it fits through the box it goes in, I sign for it. If not, card it.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
Never got pulled up on it. It was always fine for me. If it's not broken...Decky Boy wrote:Trail wrote:Stopped trying neighbours after about two wees into the job. If it fits through the box it goes in, I sign for it. If not, card it.![]()
![]()
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1534
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
Until you get one customer complaining they didn't sign for something that was delivered.Trail wrote:Never got pulled up on it. It was always fine for me. If it's not broken...Decky Boy wrote:Trail wrote:Stopped trying neighbours after about two wees into the job. If it fits through the box it goes in, I sign for it. If not, card it.![]()
![]()
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Delivering to a neighbour.
i once 739'd a bloke, but also posted the letter with itHitcher wrote:Until you get one customer complaining they didn't sign for something that was delivered.Trail wrote:Never got pulled up on it. It was always fine for me. If it's not broken...Decky Boy wrote:Trail wrote:Stopped trying neighbours after about two wees into the job. If it fits through the box it goes in, I sign for it. If not, card it.![]()
![]()
i posted another card explaining my error, he still went to d/o kicking off that i'd forged his signature, even after they showed him the track & trace it was still showing undelivered he was apparently still going off on one,
months later he asked me to drop his parcels over his gate, you can guess my answer
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
Seriously, don't do that unless you can afford to lose your job the next day.Trail wrote:Stopped trying neighbours after about two wees into the job. If it fits through the box it goes in, I sign for it. If not, card it.
Because it only takes *one* customer to send in a query and you *will* probably get sacked.
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
Delivering to a neighbour.
I never ask a neighbour to sign for something unless the customer has asked me in the past to take it to a neighbour when not in