To be honest it just goes to show how many staff are very clearly morning people. Most guys I work with get in before me and finish before their scheduled finish time. Not many posties have really jumped at the chance of wanting to work a 9 till 5pm.
Would a £1k bonus upfront and a 2 year deal offered by RM change things?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Forced to work unpaid/free
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Forced to work unpaid/free
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Forced to work unpaid/free
There still remains a huge reluctance in our office (and by the looks of it on here others too) to work to your hours.
Protect your job.
Protect your job.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Forced to work unpaid/free
........ and unless you have a flexi time contract instead of a fixed start and finish time the manager is within his legal rights to insist you stay to your contractural finish time. The fact you come in early voluntarily (unless previously agreed with consent from the manager) has no bearing on your finish time.kitasa wrote:My line manager said I couldnt go because I had "an hour" left & wanted me to take mail back out. I meant to start at 8am and finish at 2pm, but effectively I've worked the same time frame.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Forced to work unpaid/free
I dont have a start and finish time written on my contract it just says i work 25hrs a week. Does that count as flexi?
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Forced to work unpaid/free
No it doesn't, your finish time is dictated by the office finish time, your start time is worked back from that UNLESS you are on a duty that requires different attendance times e. G. Collection/phg. Otherwise everyone would just turn up when they felt like it
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Forced to work unpaid/free
oh, we dont have one of them, each duty is different! wonder how they work our office out?picture123 wrote:No it doesn't, your finish time is dictated by the office finish time, your start time is worked back from that UNLESS you are on a duty that requires different attendance times e. G. Collection/phg. Otherwise everyone would just turn up when they felt like it
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Forced to work unpaid/free
do you not have a start time on the signing in sheet next to your name / duty your covering ?leolion855 wrote:I dont have a start and finish time written on my contract it just says i work 25hrs a week. Does that count as flexi?