ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

oh assist complaint

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
mrsavaloy
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Apr 2014, 20:13
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by mrsavaloy »

Hello to all,
after an accident at home and a long absence my manager referred me to OH Assist,
the report that my manager got from them was total different to what was discussed
my diagnosis of osteoarthritis by a specialist was not mentioned
i wrote a formal letter of complaint to oh but that was ignored
i then emailed them to question this
again ignored
is there any way i can take it further?
because of the denial i am now not covered under the equality act
a stage one warning was issued
thanks for any help :Very Happy
patrickstar14
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 77
Joined: 04 Jan 2016, 15:49
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by patrickstar14 »

Hi,
go back to your doctor and see if the doctor will write a letter supporting your disability and he should because it is arthritis.
Then get your rep to help you in raising a grievance around the fact that the AR should not have been issued because you are covered under the equality act 2010 and it is discriminatory.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

oh assist complaint

Post by General Mannerheim »

patrickstar14 wrote:Hi,
go back to your doctor and see if the doctor will write a letter supporting your disability and he should because it is arthritis.
Then get your rep to help you in raising a grievance around the fact that the AR should not have been issued because you are covered under the equality act 2010 and it is discriminatory.
You could try and get in touch with the Equality Officer(if your branch has one) or some other Area/Divisional rep type and make a complaint how you was wrongly issued with a stage one because of a false report. If you do contact them bullshit them that your thinking of taking them to an ET, that usually does the trick.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

oh assist complaint

Post by geordieboy123 »

mrsavaloy wrote:Hello to all,
after an accident at home and a long absence my manager referred me to OH Assist,
the report that my manager got from them was total different to what was discussed
my diagnosis of osteoarthritis by a specialist was not mentioned
i wrote a formal letter of complaint to oh but that was ignored
i then emailed them to question this
again ignored
is there any way i can take it further?
because of the denial i am now not covered under the equality act
a stage one warning was issued
thanks for any help :Very Happy
It’s not OH Assist now is it? As I was referred to Optima Health and I’m reliably informed that this mob have a reputation of doing what the management want. In my case, I’ve had Coronary Heart Disease recognised by the company as coming under the Equality Act and confirmed by OH Assist at the time but I was referred to this new mob who informed the manager in the report that in their opinion I am not covered by the Equality Act. This all fits in with the new management regime, Optima Health are part of it.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

oh assist complaint

Post by geordieboy123 »

geordieboy123 wrote:
mrsavaloy wrote:Hello to all,
after an accident at home and a long absence my manager referred me to OH Assist,
the report that my manager got from them was total different to what was discussed
my diagnosis of osteoarthritis by a specialist was not mentioned
i wrote a formal letter of complaint to oh but that was ignored
i then emailed them to question this
again ignored
is there any way i can take it further?
because of the denial i am now not covered under the equality act
a stage one warning was issued
thanks for any help :Very Happy
It’s not OH Assist now is it? As I was referred to Optima Health and I’m reliably informed that this mob have a reputation of doing what the management want. In my case, I’ve had Coronary Heart Disease recognised by the company as coming under the Equality Act and confirmed by OH Assist at the time but I was referred to this new mob who informed the manager in the report that in their opinion I am not covered by the Equality Act. This all fits in with the new management regime, Optima Health are part of it.
I forgot to mention that I had the decision reversed once I put a bit of pressure on.
Crystal11
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Jan 2020, 12:20
Gender: Female

oh assist complaint

Post by Crystal11 »

Hi all,

I have an OH app soon via phone, can anyone tell me what to expect? My situation is difficult because I am still awaiting further radiological investigation of my injury. I wonder what can I say to them when I did not even get a treatment yet. :hmmmm
Chris19
Posts: 70
Joined: 29 May 2019, 17:54
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by Chris19 »

Explain how your health is affected now, physically and mentally and how this impacts on your ability to do your job and if it has an impact outside of work. Try and write down details of the above so you're more prepared for any questions.
Crystal11
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Jan 2020, 12:20
Gender: Female

oh assist complaint

Post by Crystal11 »

Chris19 wrote:Explain how your health is affected now, physically and mentally and how this impacts on your ability to do your job and if it has an impact outside of work. Try and write down details of the above so you're more prepared for any questions.
Thank you!
mrsavaloy
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Apr 2014, 20:13
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by mrsavaloy »

thanks for all the replies,
throughout the telephone conversation with OH assist i repeatedly told them that i had been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees
by my doctor, a physiotherapist and a specialist at the musculoskeletal hospital, tests and xrays also confirmed this.
i am left with pain and stiffness in both knees every day, i am unable to manage the stairs at home, or long enough to cook a meal without being in pain,
i have been prescribed Dihydrocodeine by my gp to help manage the pain.
and have hospital appointments ongoing
all of this was made quite clear to the adviser, who simply stated that i had some "issues" with my knees and i would be fit to return to duties in a few weeks.
quite unbelievable
so i received a stage one warning on return to work based on a totally inaccurate and deliberately misleading report by OH
patrickstar14
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 77
Joined: 04 Jan 2016, 15:49
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by patrickstar14 »

hi,
professional medical advice by a doctor or a consultant in writing will always be considered more accurate and true. If you were to go to court over this in an ET the judge would side with the medical opinions and not
that of a Occupational Health firm.
I still believe the best thing to do is for you to go to grievance sighting errors in the way that the AR procedure was followed and use the medical evidence you have to contradict the OH referral.
You can have help from your rep with a grievance
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by hothothot »

When I was off sick with arthritis Down my spine and referred to oh assist , I got written proof of my consultant , gp , and physio and this was sent via my Dom to oh assist. The phone call lasted about two minutes and I was reccomended ihr , which I accepted. I finished royal mail two weeks later. Never looked back. So my advice get written proof.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by goldy »

Next step is Grievence.They cannot play roulette with your health.Just follow the procedure and keep all DRs notes and letters for evidence .Optima are a private company paid to get you back to work but they are a necessary part of the procedure.
mightyowler
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 19:16
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by mightyowler »

I was due a telephone appointment with this outfit this morning but after hearing/reading the stories/feedback regarding this company I was a bit dubious and thought It would be a good idea to record my conversation.

So my phone rings 10 minutes after the scheduled appointment, we go through the formalities then I mentioned to the nurse I was recording the call!!!! LOL!!! What do you mean your recording the call? I was met with!

So I informed this nurse that I would like to cross reference the phone call with any report provided to management regarding my health. Anyway she kept repeating is it only for your personal use? Or would it be shared with RM management? I said if the report contradicts the phone call then of course I would use it!

She then said I need to get advice over this and can I call you back? I said of course you can but what’s the problem with me recording a conversation discussing MY HEALTH?

20 minutes later she rang back stating she was sending the report back as you have trust issues with OH!!!!

What a corrupt set up.
Last edited by mightyowler on 21 Jan 2020, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by celtic1967 »

hothothot wrote:When I was off sick with arthritis Down my spine and referred to oh assist , I got written proof of my consultant , gp , and physio and this was sent via my Dom to oh assist. The phone call lasted about two minutes and I was reccomended ihr , which I accepted. I finished royal mail two weeks later. Never looked back. So my advice get written proof.
This was my experience too. The phone consult with oh assist was quite straightforward.I had my GPs letter about my condition and prognosis along with hospital history, all done within two weeks.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

oh assist complaint

Post by goldy »

You can have what you discussed in writing sent to you to verify its a honest description of your conversation, if they refused to do that then I would certainly have issues with the trust.It takes a bit longer to sort out but worth it in the end .Also I don't know if these lot are nurses all the time
they may be operatives reading from a script I wonder if it's worth asking them there credentials.??