ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
reducing hours due to bullying
-
combo_king
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 22:40
- Gender: Male
reducing hours due to bullying
Any vacant hybrid or LATs duty’s available? Ive been on a hybrid duty for the past 5 and a half years.... and don’t see the majority of my colleagues... sign in tie up and go
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
reducing hours due to bullying
That would be a good option if its possible at your office, just go in tie up and leave, you won't have to see the tw@ts as they'll have left when you arrive at work plus you won't lose a load of money through no fault of your own, I've sort of witnessed the same thing at a previous office I worked at, the cu@ts all seem to stick together with their "in crowd" mates which includes the shall we say less professional quality of management that seems to be rife in RM, and the people they pick on who are usually the less popular in the office are seen as the underdog.combo_king wrote:Any vacant hybrid or LATs duty’s available? Ive been on a hybrid duty for the past 5 and a half years.... and don’t see the majority of my colleagues... sign in tie up and go
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
reducing hours due to bullying
Have you tried to respond back to the bullies and bully them instead?
Make jokes about them when you are close to them, telling everyone what the bullies said (invent things) about another bully and let them fight eachother after that?
It`s same bullying and banter atmosphere in my office but I did to them exactly what they tried to do to me and I was being left alone pretty quick, they don`t like when someone is strong minded and I also told them in their face I dont care about their jokes, office politics or any gossip and to mind their bussiness.
I wouldn`t give up my pay if I was you, they will all say you are being soft and it`s a win for them and you`ll lose money and still have to see them at the end of the shift...
Just try bully them for few days or ignore absolutely everything and see how you feel about it :)
Make jokes about them when you are close to them, telling everyone what the bullies said (invent things) about another bully and let them fight eachother after that?
It`s same bullying and banter atmosphere in my office but I did to them exactly what they tried to do to me and I was being left alone pretty quick, they don`t like when someone is strong minded and I also told them in their face I dont care about their jokes, office politics or any gossip and to mind their bussiness.
I wouldn`t give up my pay if I was you, they will all say you are being soft and it`s a win for them and you`ll lose money and still have to see them at the end of the shift...
Just try bully them for few days or ignore absolutely everything and see how you feel about it :)
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
reducing hours due to bullying
^^^ I don't think that's very good advice, some of us just aren't cut out to ''give as good as they get'' when it comes to verbal bullying, harassment and ''banter'' and just want a quiet life.
I've often thought of cutting remarks and personal jibes that I could use against some of those mouthy banter merchants in my office, but I simply can't be arsed getting involved and drawn into it all.
I've often thought of cutting remarks and personal jibes that I could use against some of those mouthy banter merchants in my office, but I simply can't be arsed getting involved and drawn into it all.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
reducing hours due to bullying
No mate, try and stay with your 39 hours. Why should you lose out financially now and in retirement due to some knuckle heads. Phone the bullying hotline and have a word with the DOM. Maybe the guys/girls don't realise how much it's getting you down and having a word with them might help or just plug in your phone and listen to music/radio and drown out the idiots. Once they realise that you don't give a s**t about anything that there spouting from their gubs, you will probably find that they move onto some other person. I know some people don't like confrontation I mean who does but I feel for you mate. I hate bullies. Try and get it resolved another way because you might drop your hours and your DOM could still bring you in at hours that would make you work beside the very people that your trying to get away from. Anyway, good luck. 
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
reducing hours due to bullying
If you have your own walk, arrange to come in to work later on the grounds of better mental health. Get a GP letter to support that if you have to. They can't ignore a mental health rec from a GP so something would give.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
reducing hours due to bullying
Don't you think the same people who make your life hell now will not have the job ready for you to just tie up and go. Just turn round tell them to f**k off and outside knock one of them out on your day off.Leebest112 wrote:Ok thanks for the reponses.
I think reducing to 30 hours will be best for me.
What would be the best way to do this. Did wonder whether to come up with someones ill i have to look after them etc.
Or just be honest and say ive had enough so i want to reduce my hours
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
reducing hours due to bullying
I'm so sorry you're having this issue, it makes me feel incredibly pitiful as well as infuriated.
I think dropping hours should be the very last thing to consider - why suffer mentally & financially? If at all possible, I think a later shift doing a hybrid duty could be of benefit to you, which would involve a delivery & collection. Definitely something to explore.
We're all here for you.
I think dropping hours should be the very last thing to consider - why suffer mentally & financially? If at all possible, I think a later shift doing a hybrid duty could be of benefit to you, which would involve a delivery & collection. Definitely something to explore.
We're all here for you.