ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Part timer covering a full time walk

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Part timer covering a full time walk

Post by Celgar »

Not possible generally to complete a full time duty of any description in five hours. Not in any way surprised to hear it has happened to you within RM.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

Part timer covering a full time walk

Post by smartecosse »

Other than being either rural of town there is no difference in the duties in our office..... certainly not split full.time / part time.

I've had many "discussions" with the manager over how it's extremely difficult to complete a couple of the duties in time I get put onto as a part timer but just get told other people manage......

Yes they do as they are either full timers that are normally pulled out and out on the round before I am even meant to start or they run round.

Can't believe how piss poor the management seems to be company wide.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Part timer covering a full time walk

Post by postslippete »

smartecosse wrote:Other than being either rural of town there is no difference in the duties in our office..... certainly not split full.time / part time.

I've had many "discussions" with the manager over how it's extremely difficult to complete a couple of the duties in time I get put onto as a part timer but just get told other people manage......

Yes they do as they are either full timers that are normally pulled out and out on the round before I am even meant to start or they run round.

Can't believe how piss poor the management seems to be company wide.

Manages know some duties are bigger than others, that some posties are faster than others and that many posties can manage their lapsing purely cause they came in an hour early unpaid - but of course when this PDA tech really kicks in to give us genuine fairness in workloads it will all be sorted out won't it?
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.