ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties - how do you feel about your job?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Posties - how do you feel about your job?

I hate the job and I'm looking to leave.
77
18%
I hate the job, but I have to stick with it through gritted teeth.
119
27%
Neither hate or love the job, I just do it as I need to pay the bills.
148
34%
I enjoy being a Postie and see myself working as one for a long time.
89
21%
 
Total votes: 433

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Posties - how do you feel about your job?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Marshamp11 wrote:
norris9 wrote:
postslippete wrote:Personally, if a manager is in charge of a section or office, then they should start by taking responsibility for it - even if it means delivering the loop themselves if they are stuck.
What do managers do once all posties are out the office delivering?

Are they snowed under day to day with other things to do?
Not a lot. But I suspect that upper management already know this and could possibly cut their numbers or potentially make some part time when the changes happen. They are not as untouchable as they may like to think.
I still think "Team Leaders" will come in eventually with 1 doing all the paperwork, then they all go out on delivery
ennabee
Posts: 290
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 10:56
Gender: Male

Posties - how do you feel about your job?

Post by ennabee »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
norris9 wrote:
postslippete wrote:Personally, if a manager is in charge of a section or office, then they should start by taking responsibility for it - even if it means delivering the loop themselves if they are stuck.
What do managers do once all posties are out the office delivering?

Are they snowed under day to day with other things to do?
Not a lot. But I suspect that upper management already know this and could possibly cut their numbers or potentially make some part time when the changes happen. They are not as untouchable as they may like to think.
I still think "Team Leaders" will come in eventually with 1 doing all the paperwork, then they all go out on delivery
Mail Centre

There's seems a lot more low level managers than anywhere else I have worked, rather than working supervisors or team/leaders. Nothing against (nearly all of) them personally. I think changes will be made at some time. Some of them end up doing OPG work anyway. I hope this is all recorded or our productivivty will be artifically high. Voted option 3