ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Heroic postman describes how he saved three people from Tonbridge house fire

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Heroic postman describes how he saved three people from Tonbridge house fire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-new ... ed-3657760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A postman has told of the unforgettable moment he put down his postbag and risked his safety to rescue three people from a house fire.

Simon Isaac has been hailed for his bravery after helping to save the lives of three people on December 10.


The dad-of-one first noticed screams coming from inside the house on St Paul’s Close, before seeing two people trying to gasp for air from the upstairs window.

The 31-year-old sprang into action and tried to break a window on the ground floor, but was not able to see through the thick smoke.

Simon says he was the second person on the scene and saw two of the three people struggling to breathe from an upstairs window

Mr Isaac, who has worked for Royal Mail for eight years, said: "I ran out the back where there was another person who was suffering from smoke inhalation, I got a ladder, brought it to the front, it was a little bit short though.

"The girl had passed out and was hanging out of the window and when I got to her, I shook her and she woke up again.

"They had dogs inside and they passed them to me, I had to drop them down. It was pretty horrific really, even I got smoke inhalation afterwards so I took the next day off."

He continued to say hearing the fire engines in the distance was a “huge relief” as the incident took only a matter of minutes.

Three fire engines were sent to the house, as Simon donated his jacket to help keep one of the residents warm, before continuing with his round.

"I didn’t know what else to do so I just went and did the rest of my duty when the fire engines arrived.”

He added: "It wasn’t a perfect rescue but everyone got stuck in and helped pull it off.

"My greatest sympathies are with the family, I can’t imagine losing my home especially before Christmas.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.