ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Odd Christmas tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by wallop »

A sack of potatoes.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by Dindin »

blue1873 wrote:Not from a customer,

A packet of "Flower Seeds" from RM

BAH HUMBUG
I had lettuce seeds
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by streets97 »

Shut the f@%&#%g gate
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by wheresourmoney »

A beer coaster with a spurs emblem on it, I'm a orient fan.
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by postieblueshirt »

Never mind tips I want my Thorntons chocolates from rm back I think we deserve them and no local mp with handshakes
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Odd Christmas tips

Post by twoloops »

I turned up at the same time as the bin man was returning my customers empty wheelie bin, she gave him an envelope & apologised to me saying his job was a lot more physical :roll:
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by Dindin »

twoloops wrote:I turned up at the same time as the bin man was returning my customers empty wheelie bin, she gave him an envelope & apologised to me saying his job was a lot more physical :roll:
lifting those bins can be hard
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Odd Christmas tips

Post by norris9 »

twoloops wrote:I turned up at the same time as the bin man was returning my customers empty wheelie bin, she gave him an envelope & apologised to me saying his job was a lot more physical :roll:
wtf, they empty a bin once a week, we deliver most days of the week. lol.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by daveyeff »

Dindin wrote:
blue1873 wrote:Not from a customer,

A packet of "Flower Seeds" from RM

BAH HUMBUG
I had lettuce seeds
I remember one year in our D.O. we were ALL given garden seeds off RM as a Christmas box. one guy said ''I live in a block of flats''...DOM said well you might have an allotment!! :Very Happy
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Odd Christmas tips

Post by maisymoo04 »

Jar of homemade honey yes they keep bees in there back garden :shock: :dance
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by RTP »

twoloops wrote:I turned up at the same time as the bin man was returning my customers empty wheelie bin, she gave him an envelope & apologised to me saying his job was a lot more physical :roll:
Is that the same binmen that used to walk down the driveways to collect bin bags and carry them to the lorry before hurling them in, but now won't entertain the idea of pushing the wheelie bin unless it is at the end of the driveway and will otherwise leave it where it is. The very binmen who refuse to load a green bin onto the van if there is a rotten fence in there that has been blown down and broken into foot long pieces, because it's not classed as garden refuge or is it the ones that take the brick of the top of the recycling bins on a windy day that have been put there to stop the recycling bins from blowing away and then put the brick next to instead of in the empty recycling bin and let it blow down the street and go missing so that the householder then has to go to the council depot and collect another recycling bin.
postmandick
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by postmandick »

I had a whole leg of pork from hip-to-trotter about 2 foot long
sack of dafodill bulbs 25 Kilos
in total about £600 cash and enough booze to restock OddBins :Very Happy
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Odd Christmas tips

Post by twoloops »

Given 5 beans today, anyway I’ve planted them.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Been offered a Brace of Pheasants in the past :shock: But seeing as how my Missus couldn't be arsed to cook Beans on Toast I think the pheasants would have been a bit much, so I politely refused them. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Odd Christmas tips

Post by daveyeff »

twoloops wrote:Given 5 beans today, anyway I’ve planted them.
well, did the 'beanstalk' appear?? :Very Happy