It was the case recently where Post Offices did not have the facility to scan tracked items so they had to advise people to take it to a Delivery office where we have that option. If it's scanned on indoor while actually on delivery then the scan will say it was received at the DO when it wasn't. I would just tell the customer that we can't give them an acceptance scan when they don't pay for collection or give it to the CSP guy when the collections get back to the parent office.
Some parcels are the reverse of that. Any parcels with an R on them ie R24, R48, RV etc can only be handed in at a PO and CSP staff have to refuse them and tell them to go to a PO.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Just wondered...
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Just wondered...
I'm on delivery and one of the boxes I emptied today had a small padded envelope inside with a Tracked 24 label on it....looked like it was something being returned and the originator had enclosed a sticky label for a potential return when they'd sent it out . When I got back to the DO I asked 2 managers whether I had to do some sort of scan on the item so that the interested party could see if it was back in the system. Both shrugged their shoulders and told me to just put it back in the bag without a scan, but obviously didn't know if they were advising me rightly or wrongly.
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Just wondered...
They are correct. You shouldn't be filtering through what you collect from a box, so whatever is in there gets sent on to the MC where it'll be scanned. If they want acknowledgement of posting, they should take it to a PO/DO front counter.Ozzvaldo wrote:I'm on delivery and one of the boxes I emptied today had a small padded envelope inside with a Tracked 24 label on it....looked like it was something being returned and the originator had enclosed a sticky label for a potential return when they'd sent it out . When I got back to the DO I asked 2 managers whether I had to do some sort of scan on the item so that the interested party could see if it was back in the system. Both shrugged their shoulders and told me to just put it back in the bag without a scan, but obviously didn't know if they were advising me rightly or wrongly.