ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Xmas cheer
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
I'm quite enjoying Xmas as there are a few postie's in our DO that have been there for years and seem to have anout 6 packets in total on their entire route and are normally back for 12.30 to 1 every day.
Now it's getting busy with packets they have spat the dummy out the pram at their "heavy" workload.
Welcome to the real world :)
Now it's getting busy with packets they have spat the dummy out the pram at their "heavy" workload.
Welcome to the real world :)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
What time are they supposed to finish at? Potentially perfect candidates to have extra added to their walkssmartecosse wrote:I'm quite enjoying Xmas as there are a few postie's in our DO that have been there for years and seem to have anout 6 packets in total on their entire route and are normally back for 12.30 to 1 every day.
Now it's getting busy with packets they have spat the dummy out the pram at their "heavy" workload.
Welcome to the real world :)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Know what you mean Mate. You can always tell when it's starting to get busy for "The Chosen Few" as they start Grizzling and asking for help to deliver their "Really Big" duties.smartecosse wrote:I'm quite enjoying Xmas as there are a few postie's in our DO that have been there for years and seem to have anout 6 packets in total on their entire route and are normally back for 12.30 to 1 every day.
Now it's getting busy with packets they have spat the dummy out the pram at their "heavy" workload.
Welcome to the real world :)
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
MarkItZ3r0
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 14 Nov 2019, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
The RM Xmas Cheer.
Ebeneezer Scrooge: played by Coffee Swiller
Bob Cratchit: played by R.M Postie.
Open Delivery office floor.
“You’ll want all day to-morrow, I suppose?” said Scrooge. (the Lino)
“If quite convenient, sir.”
“It’s not convenient,” said Scrooge (the Lino), “and it’s not fair. If I was to stop half-a-crown for it, you’d think yourself ill-used, I’ll be bound?”
The clerk smiled faintly.
“And yet,” said Scrooge (the Lino), “you don’t think me ill-used, when I pay a day’s wages for no work.”
The clerk (Postie) observed that it was only once a year.
“A poor excuse for picking a man’s pocket every twenty-fifth of December!” said Scrooge (the Lino), buttoning his great-coat to the chin. “But I suppose you must have the whole day. Be here all the earlier next morning.” (and don't forget your lapsing.)
I may have sliiiightly plagiarized someone else's work here, but I haven't the Dickens who's work it could have been
Ebeneezer Scrooge: played by Coffee Swiller
Bob Cratchit: played by R.M Postie.
Open Delivery office floor.
“You’ll want all day to-morrow, I suppose?” said Scrooge. (the Lino)
“If quite convenient, sir.”
“It’s not convenient,” said Scrooge (the Lino), “and it’s not fair. If I was to stop half-a-crown for it, you’d think yourself ill-used, I’ll be bound?”
The clerk smiled faintly.
“And yet,” said Scrooge (the Lino), “you don’t think me ill-used, when I pay a day’s wages for no work.”
The clerk (Postie) observed that it was only once a year.
“A poor excuse for picking a man’s pocket every twenty-fifth of December!” said Scrooge (the Lino), buttoning his great-coat to the chin. “But I suppose you must have the whole day. Be here all the earlier next morning.” (and don't forget your lapsing.)
I may have sliiiightly plagiarized someone else's work here, but I haven't the Dickens who's work it could have been
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Ha! Brilliant,made me laugh,just watched a Christmas carolMarkItZ3r0 wrote:The RM Xmas Cheer.
Ebeneezer Scrooge: played by Coffee Swiller![]()
Bob Cratchit: played by R.M Postie.![]()
Open Delivery office floor.
“You’ll want all day to-morrow, I suppose?” said Scrooge. (the Lino)
“If quite convenient, sir.”
“It’s not convenient,” said Scrooge (the Lino), “and it’s not fair. If I was to stop half-a-crown for it, you’d think yourself ill-used, I’ll be bound?”
The clerk smiled faintly.
“And yet,” said Scrooge (the Lino), “you don’t think me ill-used, when I pay a day’s wages for no work.”
The clerk (Postie) observed that it was only once a year.
“A poor excuse for picking a man’s pocket every twenty-fifth of December!” said Scrooge (the Lino), buttoning his great-coat to the chin. “But I suppose you must have the whole day. Be here all the earlier next morning.” (and don't forget your lapsing.)
I may have sliiiightly plagiarized someone else's work here, but I haven't the Dickens who's work it could have been
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Very Good MarkIt.MarkItZ3r0 wrote:The RM Xmas Cheer.
I may have sliiiightly plagiarized someone else's work here, but I haven't the Dickens who's work it could have been
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
pauper's graves and workhouses for rees-mogg's and boris bumble's underclass, anyone? servitude and modern slavery for bezos, Ashley and Back? (in last 10 years) 46% child poverty (now) and 170% rise in homelessness in the 5th richest country in the world! 17% payrise for the queen and 9% cut in corporation tax: meaning that companies pay less in tax @ 19% than anyone receiving the State Pension,Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA),Carer’s Allowance,contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA),Incapacity Benefit (from the 29th week you get it),Bereavement Allowance,pensions paid by the Industrial Death Benefit scheme,Widowed Parent’s Allowance,Widow’s pension which are ALL TAXED at 20%.Dorset Plodder wrote:Very Good MarkIt.MarkItZ3r0 wrote:The RM Xmas Cheer.
I may have sliiiightly plagiarized someone else's work here, but I haven't the Dickens who's work it could have beenBit too deep for some though.
But if the CONservatives get in next week we'll have to get used to a bit more of a "Dickensian World".
Tory Austerity policy has killed 140, ooo (one hundred and forty thousand people) since 2010 and was paid for entirely by Welfare reform.
We are not in this together. They are culling us off to benefit the rich and still there is such a thing as working class/underclass tory voters?????? WTF!
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Xmas cheer
getting fed up with these people that hang xmas wreaths on their door so you gotta faff about to get the letters through the door as the wreath covers the letterbox, got covered in glitter cos of one today.
Last edited by norris9 on 09 Dec 2019, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
I had one today,had a packet that wouldn't quite go through the letterbox so,the reef covered it up just nicely :)norris9 wrote:getting fed up with these people that hang xmas reefs on their door so you gotta faff about to get the letters through the door as the reef covers the letterbox, got covered in glitter cos of one today.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Had one today ... Low Level Letterbox .... Bent down to put the mail through and nearly poked my Bastard Eye out on a piece of twig they had incorporated into this Bloody Christmas Wreath!norris9 wrote:getting fed up with these people that hang xmas reefs on their door so you gotta faff about to get the letters through the door as the reef covers the letterbox, got covered in glitter cos of one today.
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 10 Dec 2019, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Tinsel all up the handrail in the flats. Where am I supposed to put my hand?! Bah! Humbug!
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Sellotape the letterbox coz it's windy do you? Bah! Humbug!
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Xmas cheer
I came across a letterbox like this today and was like - so...do these people not want any post.....decided they didn't and put it back in my bag. Then thought, maybe it's due to the wind.ssdd wrote:Sellotape the letterbox coz it's windy do you? Bah! Humbug!
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Yeah Norris, get a few where I am, also sometimes they just stick a cloth/teatowel hanging out, but at least you can get the mail through easier.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Xmas cheer
Parking in MY spot?! Bah! Humbug!