daveyeff wrote:I do feel sorry for the younger ones though, cos its going to get a hell of a lot worse than we are now. I think in the years to come we will lose some of our hard fought for conditions, i.e. paid sick leave and breaks, working bank holidays etc. I've got 4 years left til im out, but my young driver is only 20, so effectively he's got a least 47 Christmases to do......I don't envy him.
Walking 10 miles a day, 5 days a week, for 47 years and likely can't even get close to owning your own property unless your partner is rich or you had a windfall.
daveyeff wrote:I do feel sorry for the younger ones though, cos its going to get a hell of a lot worse than we are now. I think in the years to come we will lose some of our hard fought for conditions, i.e. paid sick leave and breaks, working bank holidays etc. I've got 4 years left til im out, but my young driver is only 20, so effectively he's got a least 47 Christmases to do......I don't envy him.
Walking 10 miles a day, 5 days a week, for 47 years and likely can't even get close to owning your own property unless your partner is rich or you had a windfall.
Welcome to my depression, its why i go to sleep hoping thats it.
Bag box, probably not the correct name for it, but I haven't heard it called anythin other than, "your boxes" when ive been on a walking duty.
It's the grey box you get the rest of your bags from when you're on a walking duty, and get chewed out the next day for forgetting to give the duty holder their keys back lol.
maisymoo04 wrote:SO your saying Norris drivers do f@@@ all and indoor staff ????
He obviously means collection/mail centre drivers not the driver on a park and loop buddy duty ! and indoor staff who don't do deliveries, yes of course these jobs include work but we're talking about delivery postperson walking miles per day grafting outside in all types of weather work here.
I have worked for RM for 35 years, it was a great job with really supportive collegues and there were high standards. Now it is every man for himself, no one helps out the newbies they just have to muddle through and keep getting shafted. There is little or no recpect for the managers as in many cases they were posties and one knows what their work standards were. Just having to hang on for a little while then I am off.
Jack1960 wrote:Done 40 years, I love it just as much as I ever have , always done delivery and just don't understand the many negative comments on this site .
Let me guess, one of the old timers that has been on the same duty for much of that 40 years with it remaining largely unchanged, very rarely if ever gets messed around and moved on to other duties because you don't actually know any of them and to top it off getting all sorts of money for nothing additional payments through ''grandfather rights''... and to think the union claim to be opposed to a ''2 tier workforce'' when in reality it already exists.