https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... il-office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A WOMAN has spoken out after reportedly being told she couldn't use the toilet at a Royal Mail delivery office - despite being eight months pregnant.
Chelsea Hastie, 23, said: “I was crying after it and it made me sick.”
She went to the office on Mill Street, behind Newport train station, to pick up a parcel around lunch time on Monday, November 25.
She said: “I was dying for the toilet and when I went to collect my parcel I said, ‘Excuse me, could I use the toilet?’
“The man said no.
“I explained that I was eight months pregnant, but he didn’t even say sorry.”
Ms Hastie then went outside and sat on a wall with her niece. A Royal Mail worker then walked past, and Ms Hastie asked him if she could use the staff toilet.
Again, she was told no.
She was so desperate that she wet herself on the way home.
“It’s embarrassing,” she said.
Pregnant women often need to use the toilet a lot more than normal due to pressure being put on the bladder by the uterus and baby.
Her father, Desmond Hastie, labelled the treatment “disgusting”.
“It’s dreadful, she’s eight months pregnant," he said. “She told the worker she was busting.”
Ms Hastie, who’s baby is due on Christmas Day, said her stomach hurt as a result of trying to hold on for so long.
A spokeswoman for the Royal Mail said: “We’re very sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.
“We will ensure that we discuss this incident with our colleagues.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Eight-months pregnant woman speaks out after being told she couldn't use toilet at Royal Mail office
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Eight-months pregnant woman speaks out after being told she couldn't use toilet at Royal Mail office
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Eight-months pregnant woman speaks out after being told she couldn't use toilet at Royal Mail office
It is unfortunate as she is pregnant, but Royal Mail (and Post Office) premises are security areas, apart from the public access spaces.
At 8 months pregnant she should really have got someone else to collect the item, or arranged a re-delivery.
I used to work in City of London BOs and on two occasions I was asked by young men, one wearing a wrinkled RM stormcoat, to be allowed to come into the back counter area to use a toilet.
I suspect the one in the RM storm coat, if not both, were intending a robbery.
Would people expect access to the back office areas of banks?
At 8 months pregnant she should really have got someone else to collect the item, or arranged a re-delivery.
I used to work in City of London BOs and on two occasions I was asked by young men, one wearing a wrinkled RM stormcoat, to be allowed to come into the back counter area to use a toilet.
I suspect the one in the RM storm coat, if not both, were intending a robbery.
Would people expect access to the back office areas of banks?
Last edited by baldrick on 08 Dec 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Eight-months pregnant woman speaks out after being told she couldn't use toilet at Royal Mail office
Exactly, people don`t understand that our delivery offices are not a public space and there is no right of passage for the public, no matter who they are and how pregnat they are wich is not RM`s fault...
A lot of customers expect us to open the callers office and hand them their parcels outside opening hours and I don`t get why is that, do they ask the same from banks and shops??
A lot of customers expect us to open the callers office and hand them their parcels outside opening hours and I don`t get why is that, do they ask the same from banks and shops??
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Eight-months pregnant woman speaks out after being told she couldn't use toilet at Royal Mail office
Sometimes small children, pregnant need the toilet more, escort them to the toilet, escort them back out, job done.