Some walks in our office literally hundreds of yellow dot. Chances of remembering.... zero. More helpful if red dot/card for the vicious ones.Cluaran wrote:Has anyone been told to put a yellow dot on their frame slot where there are dogs in the house?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dogs WITHOUT leads
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2040
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Reading some of the above posts I've realized some of the posties should be on leads, not the dogspinkpaws wrote:the customer loves it that I think about their pooch
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
The reason dogs only ever bite posties is because we turn up every day, the dog barks like mad and we leave. The dog thinks well that worked, they are scared of me, I am Alpha. Repeat daily for years and years, one day the dog is in the garden.........
........., it is not the dogs fault, it is not the owners fault and it is not our fault. It is just the way things are, repetitive re-enforcement of a dogs misconception.
The only safe solution is to never enter a garden with a dog in. Take a step back from the door when delivering packets & parcels etc. and if a dog does appear back away slowly do not take your eyes off the dog.
The only safe solution is to never enter a garden with a dog in. Take a step back from the door when delivering packets & parcels etc. and if a dog does appear back away slowly do not take your eyes off the dog.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
The problem is them being on the street without a lead or an owner that can control them.mr hil. wrote:The reason dogs only ever bite posties is because we turn up every day, the dog barks like mad and we leave. The dog thinks well that worked, they are scared of me, I am Alpha. Repeat daily for years and years, one day the dog is in the garden.........![]()
........., it is not the dogs fault, it is not the owners fault and it is not our fault. It is just the way things are, repetitive re-enforcement of a dogs misconception.
The only safe solution is to never enter a garden with a dog in. Take a step back from the door when delivering packets & parcels etc. and if a dog does appear back away slowly do not take your eyes off the dog.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I cannot stand these dog owners. I hate them.mr hil. wrote:The reason dogs only ever bite posties is because we turn up every day, the dog barks like mad and we leave. The dog thinks well that worked, they are scared of me, I am Alpha. Repeat daily for years and years, one day the dog is in the garden.........![]()
........., it is not the dogs fault, it is not the owners fault and it is not our fault. It is just the way things are, repetitive re-enforcement of a dogs misconception.
The only safe solution is to never enter a garden with a dog in. Take a step back from the door when delivering packets & parcels etc. and if a dog does appear back away slowly do not take your eyes off the dog.
Knocked on a door the other day with a parcel, guy comes to door and a few seconds later this massive dog appears at the door barking at me, not sure about others but it makes me jump whenever something like this happens. The guy just stuck his leg out and jammed his dogs head between his knee and the door frame to block the dog from getting out.
PUT YOUR BLOOMIN DOG IN ANOTHER ROOM BEFORE ANSWERING THE DOOR!
I don't care if you think your dog is harmless, don't let your dog intimidate others like this!
Next time that house has a parcel I won't knock - it will be docketed.
It's not just ones like this, it's common for people to answer the door while restraining their dog right in front of you and you need to pass the PDA, letters, parcels to them so they could easily let go of the dog. idiots.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I've had a similiar situation .... Young Mum ... Holding the Baby in one Arm ... Mobile Jammed to the ear with her shoulder .... and the dog jammed against the door frame with her knee .... peering at me through the gap!norris9 wrote:
I cannot stand these dog owners. I hate them.
Knocked on a door the other day with a parcel, guy comes to door and a few seconds later this massive dog appears at the door barking at me, not sure about others but it makes me jump whenever something like this happens. The guy just stuck his leg out and jammed his dogs head between his knee and the door frame to block the dog from getting out.
PUT YOUR BLOOMIN DOG IN ANOTHER ROOM BEFORE ANSWERING THE DOOR
It's not just ones like this, it's common for people to answer the door while restraining their dog right in front of you and you need to pass the PDA, letters, parcels to them so they could easily let go of the dog. idiots.
She had a Parcel to sign for and was just miming to me while she was gobbing off at the mate on the phone. I refuse to Play this game and waited for her to hang up with, "It's the Postman with a Bloody Parcel that needs signing for .... I'll have to ring you back in a minute"! Once she'd hung up I said, "Good Morning You've got a Parcel that needs signing for ... would you like to put your Dog in another room so you can open the Door"?
She wasn't happy but then how stupid can you get?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3729
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Totally agree with you Norris but make sure you cover yourself first, inform your Lino/DOM of thenorris9 wrote:I cannot stand these dog owners. I hate them.mr hil. wrote:The reason dogs only ever bite posties is because we turn up every day, the dog barks like mad and we leave. The dog thinks well that worked, they are scared of me, I am Alpha. Repeat daily for years and years, one day the dog is in the garden.........![]()
........., it is not the dogs fault, it is not the owners fault and it is not our fault. It is just the way things are, repetitive re-enforcement of a dogs misconception.
The only safe solution is to never enter a garden with a dog in. Take a step back from the door when delivering packets & parcels etc. and if a dog does appear back away slowly do not take your eyes off the dog.
Knocked on a door the other day with a parcel, guy comes to door and a few seconds later this massive dog appears at the door barking at me, not sure about others but it makes me jump whenever something like this happens. The guy just stuck his leg out and jammed his dogs head between his knee and the door frame to block the dog from getting out.
PUT YOUR BLOOMIN DOG IN ANOTHER ROOM BEFORE ANSWERING THE DOOR!
I don't care if you think your dog is harmless, don't let your dog intimidate others like this!
Next time that house has a parcel I won't knock - it will be docketed.
It's not just ones like this, it's common for people to answer the door while restraining their dog right in front of you and you need to pass the PDA, letters, parcels to them so they could easily let go of the dog. idiots.
hazard, get them to put it in the walk log, if you've got the paw print or yellow stickers for the frame get
them on there so that everyone covering the duty knows.......then next time you get a parcel for that
address inform the Lino/DOM that you're going to docket it due to the risk you believe you will face - don't leave yourself open to a wilful delay allegation.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
If anyone stuck a Magnum or two into my little lassie dog then you'd never see me again as I'd be down for murder. You kick my dog, I kick you into the middle of next month.Mailman300 wrote:I have treats too. 2 size 8’s magnums, ha ha ha.twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Trail wrote:If anyone stuck a Magnum or two into my little lassie dog then you'd never see me again as I'd be down for murder. You kick my dog, I kick you into the middle of next month.Mailman300 wrote:I have treats too. 2 size 8’s magnums, ha ha ha.twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
Are your two Dogs likely to attack the Postie Trail? I expect not as I assume you're a responsible owner ... Not everyone is. I don't think Posties walk around Randomly Kicking Dogs in the Street, it's an immediate reaction to being attacked by a Dog. I find the most annoying factor, after actually getting bitten by a Dog, is when you tell the owner and they don't even apologise.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I think an ultrasonic dog whistle and pepper spray would be more appropriate!twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
Apart from a handful of breeds, they are all nasty annoying little sods, on or off a lead.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I like your lack of knowledge, brain cells and being an all round c***, basically. Stop being a fuckhead and open your eyes a bit.p5aul789 wrote:I think an ultrasonic dog whistle and pepper spray would be more appropriate!twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
Apart from a handful of breeds, they are all nasty annoying little sods, on or off a lead.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2040
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I have warned a few on my round that if your dog ever bites me I will insist it’s put down
that seems to have done the trick.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Well donetwoloops wrote:I have warned a few on my round that if your dog ever bites me I will insist it’s put downthat seems to have done the trick.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
No contact the dog warden thenleolion855 wrote:This is driving me NUTS!!!!!
Im having a spate of people walking dogs down the street without a lead!, I try to explain to them it could be classed as a out of control dog and so illegal and that no matter how well behaved the dog normally is when they see a postie we can get chased down a street and ive had to defend myself numerous times, but the owners dont give a sh!t and try to argue the legalities of it.
Im trying to get the CWU to lobby to make walking a dog without a lead in a public place illegal.
Anyone else got this issue?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2040
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Dogs WITHOUT leads
A woman today had this young, quite wild Boxer dog on a lead, she was struggling to hold on to it, a council worker got out his van & the dog pulled her towards him, he almost ended up on all fours scratching & petting & making a fuss of this mut, he even dropped his phone, the dog now spots me & is dragging his owner towards me, I stopped still & showed her my hand "keep your dog their I do not want to fuss your dog" she still could not control it, I had to shout "I DO NOT WANT TO FUSS YOUR DOG, I DO NOT GET WHY PEOPLE HAVE THEM" she did yank him away & said "fair enough" whats up with people, keep your dogs to yourselves. 