Dorset Plodder wrote:2)The Majority that do this seem to be aware they can get Re-Inbursed by RM for their Footwear (But need a Doctor's Letter).
Not completely true anymore as the shoes you buy have to be a certain ISO standard or you won't get reimbursed.
And even if you still wear your own shoes managers will use it against you if you have an accident at work by threatening to conduct code you if you want to report it.
Thanks for the Update Hitcher. I don't claim for Shoes but I'm sure there's a few that will find that info useful.
I've just got a pair of the New Magnum Bandera Active Trainers, and so far I think they're quite good. Might be a bit Heavy for those of the "Runners" that like wearing Running Shoes, but I've spent most of my life wearing Boots so it doesn't bother me. They appear to be a WIDER Fit than usual ,which also suits me, and they've also got a more Rounded Toe Cap. So no more trying to squeeze my Chunky Toes into Pointy Trainers
Looks to be plenty of cushioning in the sole. as well as an insole (which you could swap for your own). We'll wait and see how they take the pounding.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
1. Achilles Tendon is fine when I am walking with shoes on, but if I don't have them on and I'm walking around the house or down stairs it is painful. Anyone else had this and how did you resolve this? do I need to strap it up?
2. The boney parts of the base of my feet, the heel and metatarsal areas, these are painful to walk on bare footed, but I do also feel pain when wearing shoes out on the round. I assume this pain is caused by the constant pounding against the ground. It feels as if the bones are bruised. I have RM shoes with gel pad insoles. Do I need to start looking for my own pair of shoes or maybe even buy some sort of gel strapping?
Did a quick google and it sounds like this is called: metatarsalgia
I bet most Posties here just wear ordinary socks, maybe have gel insoles and obviously shoes..... Maybe I feel it worse more than most. Do any of you go further and double up your gel insoles? refuse to wear RM shoes and have a wonderful pair of so and so brand? strap your feet or ankles up? or maybe you have the foot pain like me but just tolerate it?
Ask your GP for a referral to Podiatry. My left arch has completely collapsed which has given me so many problems and affected my posture. Podiatry took casts of my foot and made custom-made insoles. My feet have been so much better since, and I wear Karrimor trainers for work. Walking in bare feet is agony for me and I wear Crocs around the house. I see an Osteopath every month or so and the exercises he gives me have made a huge difference.
1. Achilles Tendon is fine when I am walking with shoes on, but if I don't have them on and I'm walking around the house or down stairs it is painful. Anyone else had this and how did you resolve this? do I need to strap it up?
2. The boney parts of the base of my feet, the heel and metatarsal areas, these are painful to walk on bare footed, but I do also feel pain when wearing shoes out on the round. I assume this pain is caused by the constant pounding against the ground. It feels as if the bones are bruised. I have RM shoes with gel pad insoles. Do I need to start looking for my own pair of shoes or maybe even buy some sort of gel strapping?
Did a quick google and it sounds like this is called: metatarsalgia
I bet most Posties here just wear ordinary socks, maybe have gel insoles and obviously shoes..... Maybe I feel it worse more than most. Do any of you go further and double up your gel insoles? refuse to wear RM shoes and have a wonderful pair of so and so brand? strap your feet or ankles up? or maybe you have the foot pain like me but just tolerate it?
Ask your GP for a referral to Podiatry. My left arch has completely collapsed which has given me so many problems and affected my posture. Podiatry took casts of my foot and made custom-made insoles. My feet have been so much better since, and I wear Karrimor trainers for work. Walking in bare feet is agony for me and I wear Crocs around the house. I see an Osteopath every month or so and the exercises he gives me have made a huge difference.
Good Info PN Did you have to pay for that, or was it covered by the NHS?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)