I'm only a casual so I don't think so & would have no idea who the area rep would be. I did text the 'Workshop Manager` but got no reply. Mind you this was the number she gave everyone at Xmas so might have changed since then...who knows.Sir Henry wrote:Are you a union member? I'm sure a word in the right ear might make the f***ers think twice. A direct approach to the Area Rep would probably yield a quicker result.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
-
Spielberg
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 10 May 2019, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
It's really sad how a lot of the bullying is by fellow colleagues not even managers as most folk say it is. The passive silence treatment bullying is what gets me. It wears you down and makes working together nigh on impossible at the DO or Mail Centres. Things will only change when they retire or get fired!
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
Have a quiet word with someone you know or trust enough to get in touch with your area rep and let rip.Spielberg wrote:I'm only a casual so I don't think so & would have no idea who the area rep would be. I did text the 'Workshop Manager` but got no reply. Mind you this was the number she gave everyone at Xmas so might have changed since then...who knows.Sir Henry wrote:Are you a union member? I'm sure a word in the right ear might make the f***ers think twice. A direct approach to the Area Rep would probably yield a quicker result.
https://www.cwu.org/contact-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That link should help find your branch and the area rep who covers your area. If the office rep isn't being helpful you can go above his head, any trade unionist worth their salt shouldnt turn their back on someone in need of their help if they're a member of the union or not.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Spielberg
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 10 May 2019, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
Thanks, I will. Appreciate your helpSir Henry wrote:Have a quiet word with someone you know or trust enough to get in touch with your area rep and let rip.Spielberg wrote:I'm only a casual so I don't think so & would have no idea who the area rep would be. I did text the 'Workshop Manager` but got no reply. Mind you this was the number she gave everyone at Xmas so might have changed since then...who knows.Sir Henry wrote:Are you a union member? I'm sure a word in the right ear might make the f***ers think twice. A direct approach to the Area Rep would probably yield a quicker result.
https://www.cwu.org/contact-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That link should help find your branch and the area rep who covers your area. If the office rep isn't being helpful you can go above his head, any trade unionist worth their salt shouldnt turn their back on someone in need of their help if they're a member of the union or not.
-
Spielberg
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 10 May 2019, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
Bullying & Harassment HelplineSpielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?
0800 200 3300
Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.
-
Spielberg
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 10 May 2019, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
Thanks. I'll do that. I believe, as the website for the form is down & the line manager won't give me one that I have to write to Sheffield to request one. Being just a casual I don't expect much help in the matter. I assume I'll just not get picked for shifts at all I suppose, as opposed to few a do get. I'm torn between just finding somewhere else to work entirely or continue working there & fighting for the principle of the matter. I mean it's not just the main culprit either, alot of the cliquey ladies on my set up area all laugh too when he makes fun of me so it's a highly stressful shift either way.Route1 wrote:Bullying & Harassment HelplineSpielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?
0800 200 3300
Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
What I'd do is change out of my RM uniform at the end of the shift, wait OUTSIDE RM premises for the bully, and then give the c*** a good pasting. If anything is said, deny all accusations.Spielberg wrote:Thanks. I'll do that. I believe, as the website for the form is down & the line manager won't give me one that I have to write to Sheffield to request one. Being just a casual I don't expect much help in the matter. I assume I'll just not get picked for shifts at all I suppose, as opposed to few a do get. I'm torn between just finding somewhere else to work entirely or continue working there & fighting for the principle of the matter. I mean it's not just the main culprit either, alot of the cliquey ladies on my set up area all laugh too when he makes fun of me so it's a highly stressful shift either way.Route1 wrote:Bullying & Harassment HelplineSpielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?
0800 200 3300
Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
That would wipe the smirk off their faces.Trail wrote:What I'd do is change out of my RM uniform at the end of the shift, wait OUTSIDE RM premises for the bully, and then give the c*** a good pasting. If anything is said, deny all accusations.Spielberg wrote:Thanks. I'll do that. I believe, as the website for the form is down & the line manager won't give me one that I have to write to Sheffield to request one. Being just a casual I don't expect much help in the matter. I assume I'll just not get picked for shifts at all I suppose, as opposed to few a do get. I'm torn between just finding somewhere else to work entirely or continue working there & fighting for the principle of the matter. I mean it's not just the main culprit either, alot of the cliquey ladies on my set up area all laugh too when he makes fun of me so it's a highly stressful shift either way.Route1 wrote:Bullying & Harassment HelplineSpielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?
0800 200 3300
Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.
Absolutely no need for any form of bullying......and I'd be giving the manager a kicking a well.....good for nothing twat.
-
Shandy123
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 11:36
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
In situating line this, you MUST keep a diary of events, simple entries with time and date and names. A brief detail of what happened and who you reported it to, and when. This document will be very useful in future hearings.Spielberg wrote:
How did you get on? Did you get your transfer? I too am currently suffering from harassment & bullying at my depot. It's awful, I`m with you on that one. I'm only a casual worker & the ones that are affecting my work day & mood are actual RM staff. One picks on me all shift & another laughs about it & I overheard him laughing with 2 line managers & other staff about me. Makes it extremely uncomfortable for me when even the people I need to report it to are in on it. It`s affecting me so badly that I was tearing up towards the end of the last shift & again as I type about it. I may be entertainment for them but all Iwant to do is show up, do my work, go home, get paid without feeling embarassed & uncomfortable.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
I was being bullied because I have autism, was moved to another depot, better but the bullying is still there.
-
Spielberg
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 10 May 2019, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer
Haha, I'd love to do that, believe me but he's a tall bloke & I'm a girl. I'd stand no chance lolsmartecosse wrote:That would wipe the smirk off their faces.Trail wrote:What I'd do is change out of my RM uniform at the end of the shift, wait OUTSIDE RM premises for the bully, and then give the c*** a good pasting. If anything is said, deny all accusations.Spielberg wrote:Thanks. I'll do that. I believe, as the website for the form is down & the line manager won't give me one that I have to write to Sheffield to request one. Being just a casual I don't expect much help in the matter. I assume I'll just not get picked for shifts at all I suppose, as opposed to few a do get. I'm torn between just finding somewhere else to work entirely or continue working there & fighting for the principle of the matter. I mean it's not just the main culprit either, alot of the cliquey ladies on my set up area all laugh too when he makes fun of me so it's a highly stressful shift either way.Route1 wrote:Bullying & Harassment HelplineSpielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?
0800 200 3300
Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.
Absolutely no need for any form of bullying......and I'd be giving the manager a kicking a well.....good for nothing twat.