Put this in the Royal Mail magazine, whatever it's called. I am sure Rico must read that as he's the RM boss. I am sure he keeps up with what the workforce have been up to and how happy we all are.
Seems I will be having no break this Xmas other than the bank holidays..... here comes 10 mile a day walks with overloaded bags and barely any rest. Why can't I have been born with a higher IQ.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Great letter, you held back well. I thought about doing the same, but you've saved me the bother lol tbh would pretty much be a copy and paste exercise with what you wrote.
Instead I have ordered some CWU merch to wear at work
Gotta support our union and show the company regardless of what has happened in recent days that we will not be broken and stand stronger now than ever before.
Go ask your rep for some stuff, and get your wallet out or go to website https://www.cwu-shop.org/products/stock-products
Instead I have ordered some CWU merch to wear at work
Go ask your rep for some stuff, and get your wallet out or go to website https://www.cwu-shop.org/products/stock-products
-
nelly21
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Crimson king
Great post mate , I think you have spoken for the vast majority of posties
Great post mate , I think you have spoken for the vast majority of posties
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Such clarity from the peasant(s)
Hoping your You and your family are well at this time of year
Have a wonderful time (off) when you get it... and nice one!
Long Live the (Crimson) King : coolr
Hoping your You and your family are well at this time of year
Have a wonderful time (off) when you get it... and nice one!
-
lee trigger
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 18 Jul 2014, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
excellent letter. all we need to do is remove the good will through December to show our disgust with the way we are being treated and the job will be knackered.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Overloaded bags? You are aware of the light weight trollys we can use?norris9 wrote:Put this in the Royal Mail magazine, whatever it's called. I am sure Rico must read that as he's the RM boss. I am sure he keeps up with what the workforce have been up to and how happy we all are.
Seems I will be having no break this Xmas other than the bank holidays..... here comes 10 mile a day walks with overloaded bags and barely any rest. Why can't I have been born with a higher IQ.
Also it is not mandatory to work you rest days.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Off topic stuff deleted.
Good post Crimson!, so much so it was nicked to Facebook without any credit to you or where it come from, I complained.......and they deleted it, save giving you the credit
Good post Crimson!, so much so it was nicked to Facebook without any credit to you or where it come from, I complained.......and they deleted it, save giving you the credit
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
This will likely be the last busy Christmas that most delivery offices have as the 'new parcel strategy' , and maybe the five day operation as well, will be in effect by Xmas 2020.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Thanks for that cheery news Rico, this fight isn't over yet thoughCelgar wrote:This will likely be the last busy Christmas that most delivery offices have as the 'new parcel strategy' , and maybe the five day operation as well, will be in effect by Xmas 2020.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
source?Celgar wrote:This will likely be the last busy Christmas that most delivery offices have as the 'new parcel strategy' , and maybe the five day operation as well, will be in effect by Xmas 2020.
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
Fantastic letter, couldn't have worded it better. And more importantly it sums up my feelings as well as my fellow colleagues. Thank you for writing it.
As for Rico, unfortunately if he reads it, I don't think he will give one iota. He doesn't give a dam about us and has one objective, and one objective only. To break us and our Union. And at this moment, he is succeeding. The main objective is to compete with our competitors on the same terms and conditions. Starting with a two tier workforce, until as the spice girls say 2 becomes 1. No two tier workforce we are all on either zero hours contracts or self employed with a interest free loan from the business to encourage us.
As I write this letter, SDO’s and mail centers are being flooded with temps from I believe angard or whatever they are called on the pretense of xmas. They are preparing for cut offs and potential work to rule. IE posties doing their job properly starting on time, taking their meal break and not rushing around like lunatics like they have been doing for the last 10.5 months. Unfortunately some still doing it.
I for one wouldn't be surprised if these temps as part of Rico’s strategy are still here next year. Cost him a lot of money no doubt but think of the money he will save when he destroys our hard fought for terms and conditions.
As for Rico, unfortunately if he reads it, I don't think he will give one iota. He doesn't give a dam about us and has one objective, and one objective only. To break us and our Union. And at this moment, he is succeeding. The main objective is to compete with our competitors on the same terms and conditions. Starting with a two tier workforce, until as the spice girls say 2 becomes 1. No two tier workforce we are all on either zero hours contracts or self employed with a interest free loan from the business to encourage us.
As I write this letter, SDO’s and mail centers are being flooded with temps from I believe angard or whatever they are called on the pretense of xmas. They are preparing for cut offs and potential work to rule. IE posties doing their job properly starting on time, taking their meal break and not rushing around like lunatics like they have been doing for the last 10.5 months. Unfortunately some still doing it.
I for one wouldn't be surprised if these temps as part of Rico’s strategy are still here next year. Cost him a lot of money no doubt but think of the money he will save when he destroys our hard fought for terms and conditions.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Dear Rico (An Open Letter)
The very least we can all do is send the propaganda back to Back the Courier and all the crap they send if they go to the landed gentry we walk the streets and the propaganda don't propagate when we hit the streets!