https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... l-17254094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Man tucks parcel under his arm but is unaware he is being watched via the doorbell monitor by the homeowner
This is the moment a man snatches a doorstep parcel - but claims he was delivering it after being confronted on security intercom by the homeowner.
CCTV showed the man wandering up to the door in Lozells and helping himself to a package which had been dropped off by the postman moments before.
He tucks it under his arm but is unaware he is being watched via a doorbell monitor by homeowner Abdul Momin, who was attending an appointment at Sandwell Hospital at the time.
Mr Momin, 33, shouts ‘hello’ and the shocked man suddenly turns around says a parcel has arrived, before placing it back on the doorstep before hurrying away.
Police have been contacted about the 10am November 6 footage, which has been uploaded to Instagram and viewed 500k times.
The incident happened on Johnstone Street after the postman left the package in a small storage 'shed' next to the front door, which used to house bins.
The father-of-two said: “I was in hospital with the Mrs and when I was going into the doctor’s room, the doorbell rang and it came up on my phone.
“It was the postman and he left the parcel in the shed and left a note through the door. When the postman was delivering the parcel a man was on the road staring at him.
“I received another door alarm and that’s when I thought the postman had just left.
"But I looked at my phone and this man had just arrived at the door and that’s when I knew that man couldn’t have been the postman and I needed to talk to him.
“He picked up the parcel and I said ‘hello’ and he turned around and said something like ‘I’ve got a parcel for you’ and left it at the front door.
“I got my brother who was home to quickly go downstairs and pick up the parcel.
“My brother put the footage on Instagram and it’s had nearly 500,000 views, with people describing it as 'great acting'.”
Mr Momin, a videographer, said it was important for people to be vigilant with the higher than normal volume of parcels being delivered this time of year.
Local Community activist Mohammed Saleem said: “I have encouraged locals to be more vigilant and to invest in alarms and monitoring devices too as it is a deterrent. Also please join community forums.”
Mr Momin uploaded the footage to West Midlands Police who said enquiries are ongoing.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Watch as man snatches doorstep parcel - then claims he's delivering it after being confronted
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Watch as man snatches doorstep parcel - then claims he's delivering it after being confronted
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Watch as man snatches doorstep parcel - then claims he's delivering it after being confronted
Moral of this story is thief will get away with it and said Postman will get their Axxe kicked!
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Watch as man snatches doorstep parcel - then claims he's delivering it after being confronted
Why did his brother not just answer the door to postman?
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3341
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Watch as man snatches doorstep parcel - then claims he's delivering it after being confronted
Brought to you by Ring®
If you recall the wall-mounted letterbox scam in recent years, what's to stop the digital equivalent? While you're at work some scammers come along and slap a Ring doorbell on your door and tell the courier to leave it wherever. Yoink.
If you recall the wall-mounted letterbox scam in recent years, what's to stop the digital equivalent? While you're at work some scammers come along and slap a Ring doorbell on your door and tell the courier to leave it wherever. Yoink.
The machine stops.