ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

1pm special

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

1pm special

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Dannybuca wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Jeppol wrote:Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.
Any scan after 1pm will go down as a failure. Stopping the clock, we've been told, is no longer an option. Say you go out your way to do before one, and they're not in, then you see them when you deliver later, you cannot then scan and deliver it if its after one. It will go down as failure. Fantastic service we give isn't it. Royal fail yet again.
I've done this a few times & I've never had anything come back. E.g. most weeks in WTLL our lino will announce SD failures in our particular section and it is pretty rare that we have any.

Presumed I was doing a good deed :crazy:
I have also done this and it never comes up has a failure. I think somebody leg is getting pulled.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

1pm special

Post by Navalron »

Celgar wrote:
Jeppol wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Jeppol wrote:Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.
Any scan after 1pm will go down as a failure. Stopping the clock, we've been told, is no longer an option. Say you go out your way to do before one, and they're not in, then you see them when you deliver later, you cannot then scan and deliver it if its after one. It will go down as failure. Fantastic service we give isn't it. Royal fail yet again.
Wasn't aware of that, so if you go back later then in that case & they ask for the special that you attempted to deliver earlier you have to refuse them having it ?
Yes.
The postage is automatically refunded to the sender and compensation is paid as well without question. It is our gold standard product so best not to make a mistake with them.
Compensation is only paid if a complaint is made.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

1pm special

Post by Trail »

If I've ever been late with a Special I just don't scan it and then blame it on the PDA.

Stuff never gets checked on. Don't worry yourself.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3729
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

1pm special

Post by yellowbelly »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
Dannybuca wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Jeppol wrote:Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.
Any scan after 1pm will go down as a failure. Stopping the clock, we've been told, is no longer an option. Say you go out your way to do before one, and they're not in, then you see them when you deliver later, you cannot then scan and deliver it if its after one. It will go down as failure. Fantastic service we give isn't it. Royal fail yet again.
I've done this a few times & I've never had anything come back. E.g. most weeks in WTLL our lino will announce SD failures in our particular section and it is pretty rare that we have any.

Presumed I was doing a good deed :crazy:
I have also done this and it never comes up has a failure. I think somebody leg is getting pulled.
Quote from Courier Oct 2015, Tim Stratton, Quality And Customer Manager on this very topic...
The only incidence where they should hand over an item once a ‘Something for you’ card
has been delivered, is if the customer opens the door while they are still on the customer’s
property, ensuring they retrieve the ‘Something for you’ card.

This also applies when a postman or woman returns to deliver standard mail items,
after they have earlier attempted a Special Delivery.

If a customer appears after an item has been scanned as
‘not delivered’, colleagues can simply scan the item again, and
follow the ‘delivered’ process. This procedure is documented
within our PDA training guides. This second scan does not affect
quality of service, as the original scan stops this performance
clock and this information should not get overwritten.
If someone can provide evidence that has updated the above I would be very interested in it. Delivered 2 x SD on second attempt
this week when covering the same ground again. Nothing has been said.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

1pm special

Post by rambo1 »

yellowbelly wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
Dannybuca wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Jeppol wrote:Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.
Any scan after 1pm will go down as a failure. Stopping the clock, we've been told, is no longer an option. Say you go out your way to do before one, and they're not in, then you see them when you deliver later, you cannot then scan and deliver it if its after one. It will go down as failure. Fantastic service we give isn't it. Royal fail yet again.
I've done this a few times & I've never had anything come back. E.g. most weeks in WTLL our lino will announce SD failures in our particular section and it is pretty rare that we have any.

Presumed I was doing a good deed :crazy:
I have also done this and it never comes up has a failure. I think somebody leg is getting pulled.
Quote from Courier Oct 2015, Tim Stratton, Quality And Customer Manager on this very topic...
The only incidence where they should hand over an item once a ‘Something for you’ card
has been delivered, is if the customer opens the door while they are still on the customer’s
property, ensuring they retrieve the ‘Something for you’ card.

This also applies when a postman or woman returns to deliver standard mail items,
after they have earlier attempted a Special Delivery.

If a customer appears after an item has been scanned as
‘not delivered’, colleagues can simply scan the item again, and
follow the ‘delivered’ process. This procedure is documented
within our PDA training guides. This second scan does not affect
quality of service, as the original scan stops this performance
clock and this information should not get overwritten.
If someone can provide evidence that has updated the above I would be very interested in it. Delivered 2 x SD on second attempt
this week when covering the same ground again. Nothing has been said.
I was just going by what our Dom had told us a few weeks back. I questioned him saying I thought you could stop the clock but he said now it goes on the most recent scan....but then again, he says a lot of stuff...