ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Poll cards

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3729
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Poll cards

Post by yellowbelly »

ruorbe wrote: ..........they must be delivered to only the addressee after an official photo ID check.
Where's this official ID check come from? You're having a laugh......
ruorbe wrote:The average of Parties' letters are 10 alongside the polling cards

500 x 6p = 30 x 10 = £300
Don't know where you deliver, but I've never seen 10 'parties' letters to every address alongside the polling cards and I've delivered
in a city when there's been an election....
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Poll cards

Post by postmanzach »

Only getting 3p here :(
Dingo99
Posts: 122
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
Gender: Male

Poll cards

Post by Dingo99 »

postmanzach wrote:Only getting 3p here :(
Same, it's a bloody joke, had 997 today and couldn't book o.t cause it was a light Tuesday and I would have been back at the office for 13:00 ish.
Dannybuca
Posts: 49
Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
Gender: Male

Poll cards

Post by Dannybuca »

Dingo99 wrote:
postmanzach wrote:Only getting 3p here :(
Same, it's a bloody joke, had 997 today and couldn't book o.t cause it was a light Tuesday and I would have been back at the office for 13:00 ish.
In WTLL we were told we can't book over on days like that because of 'the extra we're getting paid per item'. :d'oh!

PS- I'm bemused at how they're paid out as well. If we don't save the label that details how many items there are & pass it on to the relevant member of staff, we don't get anything. Is this normal?
ruorbe
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 17:28
Gender: Male

Poll cards

Post by ruorbe »

Dannybuca wrote:
Dingo99 wrote:
postmanzach wrote:Only getting 3p here :(
Same, it's a bloody joke, had 997 today and couldn't book o.t cause it was a light Tuesday and I would have been back at the office for 13:00 ish.
In WTLL we were told we can't book over on days like that because of 'the extra we're getting paid per item'. : d'oh!

PS- I'm bemused at how they're paid out as well. If we don't save the label that details how many items there are & pass it on to the relevant member of staff, we don't get anything. Is this normal?
I believe a consolidated payment would be more appropriate as if you are covering or floating, some members can get more o less depending on chance. An average payment of more than £300 will cover 3 days of delivery of the election materials as once in the frame by the end of the week won't be much left to deliver.