We will never know for sure but it is possible that 'job & finish' was deployed to test us and we fell for it line & sinker. I do know for a fact that if every postie in most delivery offices did the job exactly as RM and the union proscribes there will not be enough time to complete delivery any day of the week. The last time RM came after our office for another walk/40 hours we all stuck together including the DOM, who was in agreement that we had no hours to give, and did the job 'properly'. It wasn't 'work to rule' which was the opinion of the finance director but just completing the job as RM want it to be done. I think the main problem is that RM do not have an accurate system to show them how long we work. All they have currently is a marker to show when we arrive back from delivery. In effect they have no data and are just presuming or guessing how the job is done. They are incompetent, devious, arrogant, and a complete joke!Postmangit wrote:Same old crap every day, same old snide remarks every day. And I’m 30 year man. Those days when management brought in job & finish, great for us, but little did we know that it was probably an exercise to see how many hours were wasted & that’s where we are now ? PDA actually confirming this . Been told we need 200 hours out of our office yet there are hundreds of houses being built, how can this work. I’m glad I’m nearer the end of my working life & not at the start.
I think the job went downhill from when the idea of absorption was thought up and deployed. I still enjoy the actual job and the 'customers' are always friendly and appreciative even though it feels like there is a gangmaster with a whip behind me. The plan is to retire at sixty but I'm ten years from that and I think either RM or I will go bust before that point arrives. We all thought Moya was crap but Rico really has taken s*** to the next level. He needs to go or be forced out.