http://www.brentfordtw8.com/default.asp ... ury025.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ruth Cadbury MP has written to the CEO of Royal Mail Rico Black over the announced closure of Brentford Sorting and Delivery Office. The land-owner has given Royal Mail notice to quit and the operation is set to move to the giant Jubilee Mail centre on the other side of Hounslow.
In her letter Ruth raised a number of concerns over the closure, including the prospect of residents in Brentford and Isleworth having to travel to the Jubilee Centre, which is almost in Feltham, to pick up parcels.
Speaking afterwards Ruth said,
‘"I know this announcement has caused concern for residents in Brentford and Isleworth. This comes on top of the closure of the sorting office in Chiswick, and I know people are very worried about the prospect of having to travel a long way to pick up their parcels.
"That’s why I’ve written to ask what arrangements are being make for residents and local businesses to collect parcels, how much later will mail be delivered, and to get guarantees that no jobs will be lost as a result of this announcement.
"This announcement looks like yet another attack on our public services and community assets which are not protected.
"It is vital that residents are kept informed, and aware of any changes and I want to reassure everyone that I will keep working hard to stand up for all those impacted by this closure".
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail to Leave Brentford
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail to Leave Brentford
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12181
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail to Leave Brentford
Can't see what Ruth Cadbury MP expects RM to do about that, it's not RM's choice to move out of the building. Is it just a bog standard DO?
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2094
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail to Leave Brentford
How about Royal Mail rent somewhere nearby rather than selling off all there property for massive profits all over the country.SpacePhoenix wrote:Can't see what Ruth Cadbury MP expects RM to do about that, it's not RM's choice to move out of the building. Is it just a bog standard DO?