ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fell over raised kerb below gate
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Had to go and answer some questions for the Erica report I think that’s what it’s called asked was I if I was distracted said no but wouldn’t expect the lip to be and tripped and hurt my back there so I’m off work and as usual getting a lot of texts/phone calls but I’ll not be bullied to go in before I’m able!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Get well soon but be OK before you come back all the best. 
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Well I’m gonna self cert for a week then go see my gp I’ve got a letter I’ve never seen before stating what I do at work and what light duties I maybe able to do have to give that to my gp and see what they think but I’m not gonna rush back I’m in agony!! Joys of Royal Mail managers hassling you to hurry back
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
So I’ve did my Erica report now my manager keeps harassing me to go to my gp and give them the letter they have issued me with regards to light duties !! I can self cert for 7 days then I’ll go to my gp in fairness I’ve rang but they have not got any appointments unless someone cancels annoying as it is,so my back is not any better I’m not rushing back what happens with regards to my sickness as was accident at work on delivery! Please any info would be ideal
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
If you're off for more than 7 days (including weekends) RM are required by law to report this to the HSE (Health and Safety executive) via the RIDDOR system as it's an accident at work.
This is a biggy for them, because as a major employer, if they have too many of these it sets off alarm bells at the HSE and they will be in to examine the 'safety culture' of the organisation.
Something RM don't want with all the breaches of H&S procedures going on to get the workload delivered by the inadequate amount of staff they employ.
This is one of the reasons your manager is 'keen' to get you back in on light duties. RIDDOR incidents are key indicators for managers performance figures.
Take all the time you need and don't be bullied into going back early. Also get your rep to confirm a RIDDOR report has been made if you're off for more than a week. If it hasn't been made they need to get in touch with area rep.
This is a biggy for them, because as a major employer, if they have too many of these it sets off alarm bells at the HSE and they will be in to examine the 'safety culture' of the organisation.
Something RM don't want with all the breaches of H&S procedures going on to get the workload delivered by the inadequate amount of staff they employ.
This is one of the reasons your manager is 'keen' to get you back in on light duties. RIDDOR incidents are key indicators for managers performance figures.
Take all the time you need and don't be bullied into going back early. Also get your rep to confirm a RIDDOR report has been made if you're off for more than a week. If it hasn't been made they need to get in touch with area rep.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
So just a update I’ve been to my GP and have been signed off for 2 weeks not light duties acceptable just strong meds and rest for the period then have to return for them to see what’s next,said was very bad lower back injury.so texted me manager he has replied saying what’s the prognosis and what will I be doing to get better and I shall attend a face to face next week at my depot.im gonna take my doctors advice as he’s more trained than me !