ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MOT and Servicing through Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ripyates
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Apr 2017, 11:20
Gender: Male

MOT and Servicing through Royal Mail

Post by Ripyates »

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.... Worked for RM fleet for ten years in 4 different workshops in two different regions. Just look at the state of the fleet, most technicians, if you can call them that don't give a toss about the fleet or the job, more interested in kicking the tyres and having an easy day, and the managers are more interested in their KPIs and bonuses than ensuring that the vehicles are fit for purpose or in a fit enough state of repair. You might get one or two in the workshop that give a toss but, honestly, your putting your life and the lives of your family at risk... Avoid at all costs.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

MOT and Servicing through Royal Mail

Post by Deadly »

I thought this had ended as the workshops were struggling to service Royal Mail vehicles due to the external work coming in.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

MOT and Servicing through Royal Mail

Post by Mr Blonde »

I took mine in and got it serviced and MOT'ed, much cheaper than I expected and was happy that the car ran for another year without fault and I was legal.

I'm not precious about my car, it does what I need it to do.