ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3341
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

Post by Mr Rush »

heapsy wrote:If you haven't done anything wrong, it can work in your favour.
I was shown the GPS plot on Google Maps for a tracked item a customer claimed not to have received. Without going into identifying specifics, the doorstep scan location was off by 10 to 20 metres. As I knew I was in the right, I did some research on another map site and found public GPS tracks were substantially inaccurate in that area - probably due to terrain.

Doing things properly isn't enough to protect you. Imagine if there was a bug in the PDA software and it cost you your job... oh wait, it already happened to all those postmasters that were wrongfully imprisoned.
The machine stops.
heapsy
Posts: 2972
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

Post by heapsy »

That's a fair point. Problem is RM take their word as gospel.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

Post by daveyeff »

Mr Rush wrote:
heapsy wrote:If you haven't done anything wrong, it can work in your favour.
I was shown the GPS plot on Google Maps for a tracked item a customer claimed not to have received. Without going into identifying specifics, the doorstep scan location was off by 10 to 20 metres. As I knew I was in the right, I did some research on another map site and found public GPS tracks were substantially inaccurate in that area - probably due to terrain.

Doing things properly isn't enough to protect you. Imagine if there was a bug in the PDA software and it cost you your job... oh wait, it already happened to all those postmasters that were wrongfully imprisoned.
on the subject of those postmasters,....were they ever exonerated after the case. and compensated?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3724
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

Post by yellowbelly »

daveyeff wrote:
Mr Rush wrote:
heapsy wrote:If you haven't done anything wrong, it can work in your favour.
I was shown the GPS plot on Google Maps for a tracked item a customer claimed not to have received. Without going into identifying specifics, the doorstep scan location was off by 10 to 20 metres. As I knew I was in the right, I did some research on another map site and found public GPS tracks were substantially inaccurate in that area - probably due to terrain.

Doing things properly isn't enough to protect you. Imagine if there was a bug in the PDA software and it cost you your job... oh wait, it already happened to all those postmasters that were wrongfully imprisoned.
on the subject of those postmasters,....were they ever exonerated after the case. and compensated?
See here: https://www.jfsa.org.uk/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

https://www.postofficetrial.com/2018/07/about-me.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;