ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Made have a break and work to time

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Made have a break and work to time

Post by Woody Guthrie »

SpacePhoenix wrote:The PDA actuals won't differentiate between a break being taken at the end of the delivery and someone finishing early. Higher up have no way of knowing that the early finish is due to a break being taken at the end so they're just going to deem a person to have finished early
How many times are you going to post this SP?
It just isn't true.
Only dead fish follow the current
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Made have a break and work to time

Post by Bahia Feliz »

eastie wrote: I always put my break down in the memo section on the PDA ( 3 DOTS IN RIGHT HAND CORNER)
I put 'meal relief' in the memo on the pda and send it
themaze
Posts: 121
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 21:36

Made have a break and work to time

Post by themaze »

I must be in the minority , i take the full 40 mins normally between 12-1 out in the van .

Get a massive yellow dot but it's clear i'm taking a break and it's only in 2 locations depending if i've had to break off with specials .
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Made have a break and work to time

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:The PDA actuals won't differentiate between a break being taken at the end of the delivery and someone finishing early. Higher up have no way of knowing that the early finish is due to a break being taken at the end so they're just going to deem a person to have finished early
How many times are you going to post this SP?
It just isn't true.
Please cut the bullshit, the PDA actuals doesn't show if the reason for a PDA not moving
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Made have a break and work to time

Post by CPTNemoUK »

FirstPost wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:The only complaint I have about breaks is they want us to have half of our break at 9am before me leave. Ita just Monday and tuesday I start at 8.15, i do not want/need a break then so I end up arguing with management can 8 have it later in the day in the van when I need it. :arrrghhh
What does your partner say about this?
I work on my own so not a problem in that sense.
readingpete
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male

Made have a break and work to time

Post by readingpete »

robbertwhitton wrote:
readingpete wrote:In our office we’ve been allowed to take 20 minutes before we go out and take 20 minutes off of the end. We don’t have longs and shorts. We have 0624-1400 every day and were allowed to book OT from 13:40.
Can you claim even if you’ve finished early previously?thats our bosses reply if we can’t complete,it doesn’t effect many just a few of us old slow dinosaurs!who he must hate with a passion!,
They’ve now stopped it as it’s ‘ghosting’ if you want to be paid for working through your break. It just means I regularly bring a little bit back. I use an HCT and golf trolley and there is no where for me to sit and take the second 20 minutes. I would work through the second 20 mins if they paid it. There’s no point me standing around on delivery for 20 mins just to book 20 minutes so I bring it back.

It doesn’t matter if you finished early another day, there is no banking of hours. Your manager is pulling a fast one, if you’ve finished early one day it’s down to them to give you work to take you up to your time.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Made have a break and work to time

Post by Celgar »

Dindin wrote:The management make us have a break and we can't early
It is actually a good thing if the first half of break time is enforced otherwise the majority of posties won't take their breaks which we are currently paid for and entitled to. It is securing your jobs and preventing RM saying you have time to do more work or to try and get rid of walks from your DO.
I bet all the posties who dont take their breaks will be moaning if RM reduces the breaks we get to the legal minimum under employment law.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.