ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
No need if it was tracked or signed for on the doorstep?
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
[/quote]
I agree that you should always try to get the 739 back in the situation you've described (and I've done it myself), but when
you're tasked with a re-delivery do you ask for the 739 back also?[/quote]
No need in this case really as the redelivery will be logged on the CLIO system with the date of redelivery also logged.
I agree that you should always try to get the 739 back in the situation you've described (and I've done it myself), but when
you're tasked with a re-delivery do you ask for the 739 back also?[/quote]
No need in this case really as the redelivery will be logged on the CLIO system with the date of redelivery also logged.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
I did a double take! Finish at 1pm? I'm barely half way round by then. Then I noticed the post is 7 years old.wazz wrote:Say for example u finsh ur delivery between 12pm-2pm. Do u go back to the houses to try get rid of the 739 packets/specials. (if it's before 1pm I try get rid of the 739 specials) ?
Mind you I didn't finish that early even then.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
As normal practice, no, however I have rarely done so if for example I'm passing the house again for some reason & I see a car that wasn't there before or some activity inside.
It's more hassle to bring them back, clear them out of van walk them all the way to the other side of building & put them in their appropriate york to be booked in than it is to deliver them... and as I said I'd only do it if I was passing the house again & felt confident someone was home.
It's more hassle to bring them back, clear them out of van walk them all the way to the other side of building & put them in their appropriate york to be booked in than it is to deliver them... and as I said I'd only do it if I was passing the house again & felt confident someone was home.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
If I finish a bit early I'll go round trying packets again to take me too me time.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
NewPostieUK wrote:I did a double take! Finish at 1pm? I'm barely half way round by then. Then I noticed the post is 7 years old.wazz wrote:Say for example u finsh ur delivery between 12pm-2pm. Do u go back to the houses to try get rid of the 739 packets/specials. (if it's before 1pm I try get rid of the 739 specials) ?
Mind you I didn't finish that early even then.
I didn't even notice, 7 years ago would have been before van share wouldn't it?
I definitly never would have tried a house again for the simple fact that you never would have walked past the same house twice.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
PDA will cover that so no excuses, if you are passing anyway i see no reason not to deliver the parcel of course get the 739 back if poss. As a life rule i treat others how i would like to be treated. My regular postie used to redeliver if she saw my car and i always gave her £20 at xmas pity she moved, we now have a new postie every other week and i go to the sorting office to collect them.centenaryman wrote:matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
i can understand the reason why the original poster trys to get rid of the parcels,,,,,but the quote above has happened,,,,they claim the parcel has never arrived
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
Nah
It just creates more confusion for customers. The customers should always know what time I arrive as I tend to do the route the same way everyday. If they decide to go out then and they miss their parcel then obviously they weren't that bothered about receiving it in the first place.
It just creates more confusion for customers. The customers should always know what time I arrive as I tend to do the route the same way everyday. If they decide to go out then and they miss their parcel then obviously they weren't that bothered about receiving it in the first place.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
Or they are at workpostslippete wrote:Nah
It just creates more confusion for customers. The customers should always know what time I arrive as I tend to do the route the same way everyday. If they decide to go out then and they miss their parcel then obviously they weren't that bothered about receiving it in the first place.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
Chupacabra74 wrote:Or they are at workpostslippete wrote:Nah
It just creates more confusion for customers. The customers should always know what time I arrive as I tend to do the route the same way everyday. If they decide to go out then and they miss their parcel then obviously they weren't that bothered about receiving it in the first place.
True, there are a few that do work. Most of those are on the social though and can't be bothered to get out of bed and open the door. Half of them are still in their PJs picking their sprogs up from school at 3pm
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.