ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manager refusing to pay ED

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Manager refusing to pay ED

Post by number one »

Newbie001 wrote:Always find it strange that we are almost forced "unless u spend 20mins arguing every morning" into completing. But managers can refuse to pay if you go over which is illegal, but that's ok. Union is weak òn this issue. Causes untold stress for a lot of people and is behind majority of bullying. But all you get from union is "work to your time". Maybe they/union should make it easier to "work to your time". Find the whole thing exhausting.
It is easy to work to your time, basically when your time is up you go home and there’s absolutely nothing they can do
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Manager refusing to pay ED

Post by aiden01 »

Ffs read newbies post he an many of his coleagues are not getting help from union which is no surprise.. i am on the point of saving myself nearly £200 a year have had enough of local an area reps bullshit
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Manager refusing to pay ED

Post by Newbie001 »

aiden01 wrote:Ffs read newbies post he an many of his coleagues are not getting help from union which is no surprise.. i am on the point of saving myself nearly £200 a year have had enough of local an area reps bullshit
That's ok, going from Number Ones previous posts he has no issues finishing on time anyway and sounds like a good office. But for many it's a daily argument with manager and I do know they can't force you. But personally, I'd rather not have the stress and for me this is where union fails miserably. Managers have no respect for Union, and very often laugh when they say "speak to your rep then". Says it all.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Manager refusing to pay ED

Post by postslippete »

Newbie001 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:Ffs read newbies post he an many of his coleagues are not getting help from union which is no surprise.. i am on the point of saving myself nearly £200 a year have had enough of local an area reps bullshit
That's ok, going from Number Ones previous posts he has no issues finishing on time anyway and sounds like a good office. But for many it's a daily argument with manager and I do know they can't force you. But personally, I'd rather not have the stress and for me this is where union fails miserably. Managers have no respect for Union, and very often laugh when they say "speak to your rep then". Says it all.

Yes I would agree. Surely if you want a few loops taking off on a busy day then that shouldn't translate to them as "well, what if you just leave the big parcels but take the tracked items". Why do we always feel like we are pushed into somehow doing more than we should just to make their life easier?? I've seen many posties (and I would estimate probably about 65%-70% of our office) come in early just so they don't have this conversation. And what do the Union do?? - well you come in at your time, take your breaks blah blah blah

They are always so forward thinking the CWU and really supportive - I've not seen my Area Rep for nearly 3 months. Crazy when you think how big our office is and the fact that there is a ballot coming up for strike action. Anyone would think he's gone AWOL...Thank god I come on here and listen to Terry Pulling in a video as I really wasn't sure whether why I should bother voting YES. I've thought many times about the great things that the Union has achieved for us (which applies to those who would rather save their beer money) and I honestly think some of them are intending to work if there is a strike and cash in on the additional overtime as well. Who can blame them when the Union is what it is?? They aren't forward thinking, they leave you to fight your own individual battles with management, they don't have regular Union meetings and we only ever see our Area Rep when there is a potential strike looming. Poor show really.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
endofdays1982
Posts: 84
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
Gender: Male

Manager refusing to pay ED

Post by endofdays1982 »

We had a local strike in my depot this year and what happened we ended up having more money deducted than what we should have had! so chances are its a no for me, union done heehaw for me,2 years since last yes /no vote on strike bullying is through roof weak union had chance then to sort it out,but usual overtime unpaid a lot, degraded by management on a daily basis ,bullying worse than ever, lot of us are struggling, for money cost of living going up, so I know this jobs going down the pan in a few years time, cant afford more money to be lost with strikes especially when its every man for himself in work,im alright jack mentaility so I ll just keep working and looking for another job until the job from all the bullying becomes unbearable and get out! not worth it any more.